Most people suck

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by 76Knockout, Aug 13, 2016.

1. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

I started a new job about a month ago (driving/delivering ice) where i work ALOT and deal with customers ALOT and i mostly go to gas stations where there are constant flows of random people all day.

I've noticed most people are worthless assholes. Like one thing my Dad taught me when i was young was be cool to people in public, respectful and such. I honestly get the rudest looks from all sorts of people its insane. I swear 85% of the people i come in contact with or look at on a daily basis look like someone shit in their frosted flakes and then were forced to eat it.

Like dude i had one of the worst days EVER yesterday, worked 14 hours and had a migraine all day, had to deal with incompetence and horrible traffic, BUT i don't take it out on other people. I still am able to kinda hide that away and be decent to other people.

I feel like i can look at someone and just know, yep, they're a POS. Doesn't matter age, gender, race etc either people just suck.

I'm 27 so its weird to be saying this now, i guess i just never really realized how shitty people are. I mean i worked in retail as a kid and dealt with assholes but i guess being younger it didn't bug me as more for whatever reason.

For example a dude working in the back at Wal-Mart (was delivering ice there), old white dude was just a COMPLETE dick, for no fucking reason. Like never been there before, was being friendly with the guy, and he just had this little attitude with everything he said to me. Like does your life really suck that bad? If your life sucks keep that shit to yourself ffs.

We all have things that go wrong in our day, and reasons to be pissed, but would a little common courtesy fucking kill people? We all don't need to be friends but honestly i never noticed how much most people hate their lives/selves/other people haha. Maybe its just where i live i don't know.

Anyone else have to deal with shitty people all day? Like being a cold call salesmen, there's no fucking way i could ever do that. I take it personal when people are rude to me, which i guess is my fault and i shouldn't let it get to me.

I agree with Bill, even if I'm one of the mediocre people its fucking true and that's part of the problem.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

Dude, consider yourself lucky that you have been blessed with SOME insight and a decent overall attitude..Yea most people are asleep at the wheel, completely unaware of the miracle that is this life , push on, stay nice, and continue to be a bright light for the less fortunate, who knows what a positive impact you might have on one person...

3. Da Speeit

Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    Yet, most people subscribe to the theory that "most people suck". Maybe you people are are part of the problem, no?

4. FeloniousMonk

FeloniousMonk Red Belt

TS sucks.
    OP sucks.

It's hot & you're late with my ice

5. ProBoxingInsidr

ProBoxingInsidr Banned Banned

wow! that does sound like one of the worst days ever! i bet holocaust survivors are going "damn! good thing i never had to go through a day like that!"

Nesk, Dogstarman, sub_thug and 4 others like this.
  6. j123

j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

I had to walk a block in the rain today since there was no closer parking. Starving Ethiopians have it way better than me.

7. Exi

Exi Dark Web Sys Adm/n Banned

:eek: All that bold, large font text is an asshole move bro

joking

BennyOcean likes this.
  8. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

I don't see the logic in that, I'm simply observing and taking in data.

9. BennyOcean

BennyOcean Blue Belt

Please use standard text in the future. Most people are OK. I don't like overgeneralizing the entire human population. We are inherently selfish, because we are forced to look after our own needs above others. I don't think that means we're all assholes, although we all can be at times.

HomeRun916 and biscuitsbrah like this.
  10. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

[​IMG]

11. Da Speeit

Da Speeit Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    I just think it's weird that "Most people suck" is said by most people.

biscuitsbrah and Nesk like this.
  12. Strange Shadows

Strange Shadows Banned Double Yellow Card

in my life (i am younger than you), i have found people to be courteous and kind, depending on the situation/context, of course, but i understand that within each person. . . there is a spectrum of malice, which -- when adding up a person's life history, temperament, current environment, etc. -- can sometimes shift. when i read your story i think: people at gas stations, giant chain stores are USUALLY not in the best space mentally. these are transient places, and nobody REALLY wants to be there -- ever. you're there in order to get what you need. the area you are in plays a big factor, too, because you might be more guarded if it's not the best area to begin with.

the person can inflict great trauma. i don't think this job should sour you though.

76Knockout likes this.
  13. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

Put in some fucking effort, its not hard to at least pretend to be polite.

14. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

I haven't heard a lot of people i know say that so i guess i don't know where you are coming from on that.

15. Rjay

Rjay Green Belt

I was pumping gas as a side job in school at a gas station in a shitty neighborhood when the price went through the roof around 1999, all of a sudden according to our shitty customers I was solely responsible for the worldwide oil price. Certainly inspired me to study hard and remove myself from dealing with the general public for a living.

16. 76Knockout

76Knockout Silver Belt

Great post and i agree. I just think it doesn't take too much effort to take the "fuck you" look off your face for a few seconds while interacting with others.

Banchan likes this.
  17. RighteousWar

RighteousWar @JesusFreak Banned

Found a pic of TS...this may explain why no one wants to be his BFF.

[​IMG]

Luger likes this.
  18. Aegon Spengler

Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Most *Americans* suck.

People in Europe are fine. Except the toothless English, of course. And Russians.

76Knockout likes this.
  19. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Silver Belt

People only seem to suck if they don't meet your expectations. Nobody is obliged to be nice to you, even though that would be nice. A lot of people have issues and live their lives suppressing their negative emotions instead of being honestly addressing it with themselves, and it comes out in negative, assholish ways. You're probably kidding yourself if you never had a bad day and dumped that shit on someone else. Yes, it would be fantastic if everybody took responsibility for themselves but not everybody has that ability nor were they even taught that very concept. You can't control that, and that lack of control is probably the reason you're really mad. There's only one thing in this situation you can do, that is to take it upon yourself to not fall into the same trap as everybody else and react to negativity with more negativity. Other people will be dicks and negative cunts, but don't let that shit affect you. If you want the world to be less rude, the only think you can do it start with yourself.

20. BennyOcean

BennyOcean Blue Belt

What was impolite about what I said?