Most people picked Cain the 1st time, JDS the 2nd time

Dezolis**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MMA happened.

Goes to show that threads like "X will beat Y" are meaningless.

We never know what will happen.

By mid 2013, Overeem, Diaz and/or Sonnen could be champ.

True.

The first time, I slightly favored Cain. This time, I slightly favored Santos.

I'm that good...

I had Cain both times, made some Vcash on him this time :)

Especially pros, so many of them picked Cain the 1st time, except Nelson.

Then they all picked JDS the 2nd time. Laughable. MMA is unpredictable.

here's the thing. the first fight we gleaned that JDS has the power to fuck up cain and put him away.

second fight saw that cain has the skillset to break down JDS, hurt him, and nullify his own tools.

and yet it was not the complete godawful blowout that would make me think there's no need for a trilogy. JDS really recovered pretty well and had better rounds in the championship stanzas than in 1,2 or 3 so yeah.

MMA happened.

True.

But i picked JDS both times.

This time i was wrong.

I picked Cain twice, and tonight Cain won me a grip of money.

True.

The first time, I slightly favored Cain. This time, I slightly favored Santos.

I'm that good...

Yeah, I picked the same as you, though after finally listening to the Josh Gross podcast from this week with Javiar Mendez, and learning about Cain's injury going into that first fight, I started to favor Cain again.

Cain may really be as good as he looked against JDS tonight, Bigfoot, and Brock, and the first JDS fight might have been him being hurt. A few more fights will tell.

MMA happened.

So because a former champion like Cain beats JDS, how does that in any way relate to guys like Nick and Chael (who have struggled in the UFC in the divisions they are fighting for titles in)?

Cain got this fight because he deserved it, despite there being a lack of fan interest, and Nick and Chael got their fights because of fan interest, despite them not deserving it. There was the perception that Cain was outmatched because of the first fight, but that was never the case, and there is a perception that Nick and Chael have a chance, but that is not the case.

I actually had it right both times, made some Vcash on it this time around

Who gives a crap, Brock had one defence, does that mean he was better? Two-time HW champ. Eat that.

He took the belt from Couture, defended it against Mir, then defended it against Carwin. Just saying 1 + 1 is not = 1

Back