Most Painful Dominant Victories for Fans?

most of the fights being listed as painful i found thoroughly enjoyable to watch

Watching Barao get dismantled by TJ was upsetting to watch.
Watching BJ against Frankie in that 3rd fight was like watching someone just give up on life.
Shogun/Jones
Randy/Lyoto
Not dominant but seeing Hunt take that knee from Werdum broke my heart.

If we're talking recent fights I think it's:
- Jacare-Mousasi 2 (Gegard was in the survival mode the entire fight)
- Rumble and Nelson vs Nogs (brothers are old, but finding out they're so done was painful)
- McDonald-Woodley
- RDA-Nate (guess Nate's fans expected a fight out of it)
- McGregor-Poirier (I knew Connor is good and expected him to win, but not so effortlessly)

P.S. RDV vs Benson (guess many people expected Bedno do scrape out another SD, instead of getting knocked out in the 1st)

i dont consider a one punch ko in the opening 30 seconds a "dominant" victory. he just got to him early. There wasnt time for anything else.

see Kos get stiffened out by Woodley

Im sure the Wand fans didnt like seeing him get murdered by Rampage or Leben

Seeing Tito get easily finished by lil nog

Big Foot vs. Fedor.

I can't. The worst fan bases are just the more popular fighters.

The more popular a fighter is, the higher the number of retards. Is normal.

Not always true. Randy Couture was one of the most popular fighters of all time but his fans were not nearly as bad as most. On the other side of the coin the Vinny Magalhaes fans were atrocious.

For me the worst was GSP/BJ II

What were the most painful blowout wins for you guys in recent memory? Fights where you either expected a barnburner or one fighter to walk out with a hard fought win but instead the opponent wipes the floor with them and you never saw it coming.

For me they were:

Kampmann/Hendricks was a fight I was stoked for expecting a barnburner. Kampmann had mad heart and even though I expected him to get tagged I figured he'd find a way to recover. Hendricks ends up knocking him the fuck out within a minute.

Gomi/Jury Gomi was riding a 4 fight win streak going into that fight (I don't count the Diego Sanchez decision as a loss and I don't think any sane person would) and Jury TKOs Gomi for the first time in his career in the first round.

Bermudez/Lamas I thought Lamas would be a tough fight for Bermudez but again I expected a barnburner and Bermudez to walk away with either a UD or SD win. Instead Lamas just subs him in the 1st.

Penn/Edgar III at FW Well that was just depressing as hell...

Nate Diaz/RDA I though RDA might snatch the win when Diaz showed up overweight but I still expected a back and forth fight. Instead RDA dominated for 5 rounds.

Belfort/Henderson Once again expected a back and forth fight with maybe a KO in the later rounds but instead Vitor flattens Hendo with a high kick to win by KO in the 1st round. Hendo who's chin had never failed him before...

JDS/Velasquez II As a JDS fan I admit I was biased (expected a KO from Junior) but I thought the fight would go on longer than the first one, with JDS ending it late in the 2nd. Velasquez ended up coming in like a man possessed and manhandled JDS for 5 rounds.

Honourable Mentions:

Aoki/Melendez
Aoki/Alvarez II
RDA/Bendo
Lauzon/Johnson

For me it was Nog vs Mir 1 cause I talked a bunch of co-workers into watching the event and since they were casual fans I was talking Nog up like crazy with all of his legendary stories and his amazing durability. Said how his boxing and BJJ was better and strong judo to control the clinch. So when Mir started tagging him, they're yelling and I'm calmly explaining how this is a regular occurrence etc. and then it ended. Then the look on his face when the ref told him it was over. Dude looked shocked and heartbroken and I felt the same way.

TL;DR: Nog vs Mir 1

Honorable mention: Penn vs. GSP 2

JDS vs Cain III and Anderson vs the Chris II were both tough for me. And in rapid succession.

Lamas vs Bermudez and Gastelum vs Ellenberger were not what I was expecting, two first round submissions.

I thought Struve would be able to take some punishment and dish some out against Overeem.

Esparza vs Rose was disappointing as well.

I'd thought Fitch vs Palhares would be a bit more competitive but I can't say I don't get a kick out of Palhares' quick leg locks.

Chandler vs ... I literally just blanked on his name, and I blame Bellator. Will Brooks, there we go! Their rematch was all kinds of disappointing for me.

Although I'm a fan of Penn and Edgar, I'm a bigger fan of Edgar and rooted for him in all three fights.

That said, Penn Edgar III left me quite depressed. Can't imagine anyone wanted it to go quite like that. Total old lion/young lion shit there. Just brutal.

Forrest vs Anderson was pretty depressing too. Where I was, the buzz for that fight was insane. Straight our of the great white hope.

It's like the way it happened ended up worse than anything you could even make up in your head, with him running out of the cage, crying like a school kid who just got the living shit beat our of him.

Last edited:
Bones treating Shogun like a kid must have been hard to watch

I think well over 60% tipped Shogun to win that fight. Method: Chopping down Jon's chicken legs.

Shogun is a good dude who's given everything to this sport, I felt bad for his fans.
Some of his most die-hard fans STILL haven't accepted the loss.

I was fairly confident with Phan over Hettes, so he was my largest bet of the event. Lol - that was a painful one to sit through.

Back