Most Painful Dominant Victories for Fans?

Koimpact

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What were the most painful blowout wins for you guys in recent memory? Fights where you either expected a barnburner or one fighter to walk out with a hard fought win but instead the opponent wipes the floor with them and you never saw it coming.

For me they were:

Kampmann/Hendricks was a fight I was stoked for expecting a barnburner. Kampmann had mad heart and even though I expected him to get tagged I figured he'd find a way to recover. Hendricks ends up knocking him the fuck out within a minute.

Gomi/Jury Gomi was riding a 4 fight win streak going into that fight (I don't count the Diego Sanchez decision as a loss and I don't think any sane person would) and Jury TKOs Gomi for the first time in his career in the first round.

Bermudez/Lamas I thought Lamas would be a tough fight for Bermudez but again I expected a barnburner and Bermudez to walk away with either a UD or SD win. Instead Lamas just subs him in the 1st.

Penn/Edgar III at FW Well that was just depressing as hell...

Nate Diaz/RDA I though RDA might snatch the win when Diaz showed up overweight but I still expected a back and forth fight. Instead RDA dominated for 5 rounds.

Belfort/Henderson Once again expected a back and forth fight with maybe a KO in the later rounds but instead Vitor flattens Hendo with a high kick to win by KO in the 1st round. Hendo who's chin had never failed him before...

JDS/Velasquez II As a JDS fan I admit I was biased (expected a KO from Junior) but I thought the fight would go on longer than the first one, with JDS ending it late in the 2nd. Velasquez ended up coming in like a man possessed and manhandled JDS for 5 rounds.

Honourable Mentions:

Aoki/Melendez
Aoki/Alvarez II
RDA/Bendo
Lauzon/Johnson

Last edited:
Shogun/Jones comes to mind.

Not for me but for Shoguns almost cult like following.

BJs last ... what? 3 fights?

Wanderlei vs Leben
Thought Wand would get ko'd or win a UD but DAMN

Vitor vs Anderson
Thought it would be a barn burner

Shogun/Jones comes to mind.

Not for me but for Shoguns almost cult like following.

Can't believe I forgot this one. At the time I thought Shogun was going to destroy a relatively inexperienced Jones and completely derail his hype train.... boy was I wrong

Pettis vs Cerrone/Bendo 2
Noons vs Cruickshank was shaping up to be a crazy fight, until the eye pokes

Wand vs Leben, I try to pretend that day never happened.

Shogun/Jones can't be topped.

Lost a robbery against Machida, came back and KO'ed him in the rematch and then got absolutely destroyed and had to tap to strikes against a young kid. It was sad and brutal to watch on many levels.

Honrable mention to Bigfoot/Fedor. I thought Fedor narrowly won the first round but round 2 he was getting maimed and the leg lock at the end of the round followed by Bigfoot shaking his finger as it wasn't hurting him at was the icing. You knew if there was going to be a round 3 that Fedor was going to be stopped.

Anderson vs Forest
Many of my friends was like that Forest gonna beat shit out of Anderson. Anderson supposed be half a fighter what Shogun was and Forest was able to outwork and Sub him back in days, and back then he also out striked Rampage and most fight Evans. People was like that he gonna outwork / smother Anderson + maybe even outstrip him via his work rate. Boy i and many was wrong!!!

Any of Frank Mir's later fights where he got pounded out.....Lesnar 2, Shane Carwin, JDS, Brandon Vera, etc

I've been down with Mir from the old school, loved a heavyweight that rolled BJJ like he did and made it look easy. But when he had that motorcycle accident and had to relinquish the belt, He was never the same, and I was always waiting for him to get it back, only to be disappointed.

Mir/Nog 1

It stirred up alot of hurt feelings on here I hear.

Always pulled for Nate Diaz, him vs Benson was tough to watch, and he has been on a downward spiral since then

Joe Lauzon vs Gabe Ruediger. It was like JLo was fighting some guy who showed up and signed on the dotted line without any training.

shogun vs osp. i really wanted to see shogun show that he had one last run left in him. i

Silva vs Weidman 2.

im sitting there like "silva's bout to prove to these dudes that last one was a fluke"

Que silva's leg kick.

"well shit."

Back