Most overrated fighters of all time

Frank Shamrock
He retires with a 20-7-2 record. Gets Dave Metzler to ride his dick by saying how undersized he was even though most of his fights were in Japan against other guys who were the same size or smaller, and how ahead of the game he was even though Miletich and Hume were doing the same cross training shit at the time as were pretty much all of the shooto gyms.
Ducks belfort, Wanderlei, and sakaraba and won't rematch Tito while talking about a possible comeback, then comes back against fucking bryan pardoe. He then plays the same game, to comeback against Caesar Gracie who straight up lied about his record early UFC style.
Look at when he initially retires the first gen and the early second gen U.S. ,Brazilian, and European mma orgs were up and running and Japanese orgs were steering more and more into straight shoots with less rules and the UFC was getting more and more of their talent from there instead of random black belts and look at the two guys he fights for his comebacks, the landscape was changing and Frank was more interested in Metzler praising him then actually proving that he was that good.
Then he fights Renzo gets intentionally dqed while losing then he tries to say he was used to fighting nhb event though he fought mainly in Japan with a much more restrictive ruleset. He beats Baroni, Metzler conveniently talks about how injured he was while ignore Baroni came in fucked up to. He then loses to a green Cung le. Then Nick Diaz beats him.
He should be considered Pat Miletich level without the coaching resume, with the big difference being his losses being more front loaded than Pat on their initial runs. But he still has people like Metzler dickriding him.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

MMA does have a very high random factor, but the lower the weightless, the lower the random factor due to the lack of knockout power. You still haven't addressed the fact that the talent pool at 125 is completely non existent. Of course you will look like a world beater when fighting tomato cans
Random factor doesn't only apply to punching and kicking power in higher weight classes, this is obvious. Random factor in every sport has a lot to do with dealing with pressure and just the fact that we are human beings. You don't wake up super motivated every single day and there are days when everything you try works, and other days when you feel slow and you're not in the zone, even though you might have had a great night of sleep, perfect diet etc.

In other sports with high random factor this leveled by the fact that you have so many games in a year, so regardless of biorhythm, motivation, injuries or the nature of the sport, the best usually come out on top at the end of the season. Then you have sports like tennis with a lot of break where a player can regain their composure and focus enough to win, there is no shortage of games where a guy was down 2:0 and won in the end. MMA is very specific, you fight on average 2x a year and due to many factors you maybe have a few losses against guys you'd beat 7+/10 times.

I am not saying the talent pool in 125 is great, but DJ is undersized even in that division and even so he purged Cejudo once and lost the 2nd time on points via a controversial decision. And this was an already spent DJ, struggling to find motivation to stay on top...even though he might claim otherwise. It's really ignorant to equate a weaker talent pool in a certain sport or a division to someone beating cans and bums, these are two separate things. Be top 10 in long distance spitting and hats off to you, let alone in a rough sport like MMA.

Nate is the overrated Diaz. Nick was legit contender level guy back in the day, against better competition.
Agree the 2 most overrated things about Nate are his boxing and cardio. The UFC 244 aftermath showed how stupid some Diaz fanboys are.
Nick though was very fucking legit, that Strikeforce run is legendary.

Forrest
Roy Nelson
Thiago alves
Mark Kerr
Sokodjou
Houston Alexander
Ricardo moraes
Shane carwin

Outside Rousey thats a bad bad list.

I think Ronda
Cyborg
Cowboy
Forrest
Bisping
Serra

Forrest is underrated if anything. I hardly ever see him listed as one of the great LHWs.

Jiri is a hype bubble if I ever saw one

can't think of one dude who regularly offers his face first that's lasted more than a year, two or even three years making it near the top The style just isn't meant to last long

Jmo

Rich Franklin.

Gets talk about as if he was some long time champion. Defended the belt like 2 times and lost to every elite fighter he faced.

Ronda
Nick
Conor
Nate
Masvidal
Khamzat
Rumble
Khabib

Ehh it depends who you speak too. If I had to pick a general one it would be Justin Gaethje. Many rate him as a top P4P talent and even have him above Rob Whittaker in the P4P rankings.

Only ones that I agrees with are Ronda, Conor at LW and kinda Nick.
Ronda was a great fighter, but media got way overboard with the hype.
fans-are-not-happy-with-ronda-rousey-s-latest-magazine-cover.jpg

Conor was great at FW, but it's dumb how he always is considered 1 fight away from a title shot, while being 1-2 in a stacked division.
Also he prefered to run away instead of defending his belts is pretty damn embarrassing.
Nick wasn't IMO a overrated fighter when he was active, but some people here thinks he's still good enough to fight and beat fighters that are their prime now.
Like as his last win wasn't like 10 years ago.

Khamzat is IMO the most overrated fighter right now. People talk like he's a contender while we have no idea how much damage Covid has done.
I also thinks Gaethje is kinda overrated. Some seems to have forgotten this:
tumblr_p0dao9i3b51udfb8oo1_500.gif

And yes he has improved alot, but he still almost got finished by Tony.

Lasty, to consider DJ one of the most overrated fighters of all time is just retarded.

PETER YAN is easily the most overrated fighter ever. People compare his wrestling to Fedors. That's just ridiculous it's nowhere near. His boxing is simplistic and very bare bones. He's only as good as he is because he's smart when he's not kneeing people in the head.

This is exactly why I say he's overrated. He was in the most shallow division in the UFC and now recently got knocked out in a substandard org, yet people constantly parrot how he's the most COMPLETE fighter we've ever seen.

He's fighting in the most PED infested organization since Pride lol not to mention he's entering the twilight of his career. Can't dismiss his accomplishments

Back