Most of you belong to the Oregon Trail Generation

dissectingaorticaneurysm

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What is the Oregon Trail Generation, you ask? It's another word for xenniels- that cohort that captures the youngest Gen X'ers and the oldest Millennials.
you-know-voure-in-the-oregon-trail-generation-if-you-56372813.png

xennials.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xennials

If you spent your teen years listening to this

to log onto AIM so you can A/S/L some dude posing as a hot chick, then you belong to this generation.

f10431a450164c52dd0210e7f319d980.jpg

I used to talk to so many hot babes over myspace. At least what I believed at teh time were hot babes!

Does that mean they will all die of dysentery?

yeah, that aint me buddeh.

xennial-generation-2-1.png

Confirm all of the above except NKOTB.

1 & 8 do not apply.

I always thought Oregon Trail & Where in the World is Carmen San Diego were corny as hell.

I grew up playing King's Quest, Leisures Suit Larry, Goblins (basically the best Sierra games) The Incredible Machine etc. when it came to PC games.

I prefer the term "reagan babies" for xennials

xennial-generation-2-1.png

Confirm all of the above except NKOTB.
That's me, except NKOTB.

The dial up sound was fucking magic. Except late at night when I tried to sneak online, the loud ass modem in our Gateway 2000 always woke my parents up and they'd send me back to my room. All I wanted to do was ask random "girls" in yahoo chat rooms A/S/L? I'll tell ya, that 5 seconds waiting for an answer to that simple question was something else back in the day.

Then we had MSN messenger, and holy shit......that thing was a game changer to a 15 year old boy back in 2000.

I actually did play Oregon Trail (and Oregon Trail 2 and SimCity 2000) in my elementary school's library and a few of those things like AOL, Dial-up, and Discmans managed to stick around long enough to be part of my early childhood. A '93 kid tho so I don't really make the cut.

Back