Most nasty, most glamorous, most kinky and hottest cities in the world?

Is is hot in may in NOLA? I read that feb-may is the best time to go. I can deal with it being 115 degrees, but humidity is miserable for us since we’re from the desert. And what’s the best area to stay? Should I spend extra and stay in the French quarter or stay elsewhere?

Is is hot in may in NOLA? I read that feb-may is the best time to go. I can deal with it being 115 degrees, but humidity is miserable for us since we’re from the desert. And what’s the best area to stay? Should I spend extra and stay in the French quarter or stay elsewhere?

Don't be a dick and stay in an Airbnb unless someone lives on property. You for sure should stay in the Quarter or at a hotel in the Garden District. First time I'd for sure say the FQ. I live on Chartres and Iberville across from five bars open until at least 6AM.

You can catch a streetcar uptown through the Garden District and Canal Street is a major hub for public transportation. If you stay right on Bourbon Street it's fun for the balcony but legit bring something to block the noise out.

It's going to be balmy for you no matter what lol.

Don't be a dick and stay in an Airbnb unless someone lives on property. You for sure should stay in the Quarter or at a hotel in the Garden District. First time I'd for sure say the FQ. I live on Chartres and Iberville across from five bars open until at least 6AM.

You can catch a streetcar uptown through the Garden District and Canal Street is a major hub for public transportation. If you stay right on Bourbon Street it's fun for the balcony but legit bring something to block the noise out.

It's going to be balmy for you no matter what lol.
What do you mean about the Airbnb? I don’t know shit about it, I’ve never used it. We’re kinda country bumpkins when it comes to traveling. Only been to cities a few times. Been to Vegas for a convention and been to DFW for a few cowboys games.

Miami is just awful

It used to be good in the 90/80 before it grew exponentially, you only has the rich and models in the winter and Cubans

Today its a mess, terrible traffic, uneducated people. Its beautiful but people ruined the city

I don't think the traffic in Miami is that bad, but its fairly 'meh' as a city overall. Its got some stuff I really like, but there are way too many negatives for it to be considered a top spot. I think it gets by mostly on reputation alone.

What do you mean about the Airbnb? I don’t know shit about it, I’ve never used it. We’re kinda country bumpkins when it comes to traveling. Only been to cities a few times. Been to Vegas for a convention and been to DFW for a few cowboys games.
I describe it like this. New Orleans is one of the most beautiful cities in the history of the world. people come from all around the world to experience the culture of the neighborhoods. By staying in an Airbnb you are actively destroying the culture.

Yankee Carpetbaggers bought up every piece of property they could and evicted the locals renting it. The Irish Channel was destroyed, Treme, a neighborhood that created jazz, often considered the first black suburb of America, destroyed.

I routinely tell people who hit me with the "yeah I know it's bad but" with "if you know it's bad and still do it you're a bad person".

I describe it like this. New Orleans is one of the most beautiful cities in the history of the world. people come from all around the world to experience the culture of the neighborhoods. By staying in an Airbnb you are actively destroying the culture.

Yankee Carpetbaggers bought up every piece of property they could and evicted the locals renting it. The Irish Channel was destroyed, Treme, a neighborhood that created jazz, often considered the first black suburb of America, destroyed.

I routinely tell people who hit me with the "yeah I know it's bad but" with "if you know it's bad and still do it you're a bad person".
Fair enough. I can appreciate the pride you to take in your city.

Fair enough. I can appreciate the pride you to take in your city.
I don't think there is a greater city in the world than New Orleans. It's just gorgeous. I can go to a drag show, hang out with coked out drag Queens at a 24 hour karaoke bar. Then throw on a tux for a cruise on a steamboat, or a black tie gala, or a punk show on Lower Decatur and still hit 10 jazz clubs right after .

Or listen to a saxaphone player posted up under my window serenading me to sleep with this.

New Orleans is the greatest city in the world. When Mrs Chase passed, thousands marched for her, strangers wept and held each other.

God bless New Orleans. And consider yourself lucky to visit her before the water takes her away from all of us.

I don't think there is a greater city in the world than New Orleans. It's just gorgeous. I can go to a drag show, hang out with coked out drag Queens at a 24 hour karaoke bar. Then throw on a tux for a cruise on a steamboat, or a black tie gala, or a punk show on Lower Decatur and still hit 10 jazz clubs right after .

Or listen to a saxaphone player posted up under my window serenading me to sleep with this.

New Orleans is the greatest city in the world. When Mrs Chase passed, thousands marched for her, strangers wept and held each other.

God bless New Orleans. And consider yourself lucky to visit her before the water takes her away from all of us.

That’s exactly why I want to go. I’ve heard how awesome it is. I plan on stopping in a few other places in Louisiana also. My family has a long history there, on my dads side. My family were plantation owners near west monroe, and one of the oldest families in the area, as I’ve read in some of the obituaries I’ve found.

That’s exactly why I want to go. I’ve heard how awesome it is. I plan on stopping in a few other places in Louisiana also. My family has a long history there, on my dads side. My family were plantation owners near west monroe, and one of the oldest families in the area, as I’ve read in some of the obituaries I’ve found.
interesting. Do you know when they came here? I book plantation tours, but I find myself disgusted by the elderly white couples who want to see the "right history without the slavery stuff" (I book them for the Whitney Plantation. Essentially a slavery museum. Fuck them)

You should for sure visit the Whitney Plantation if you want to truly understand the horrors of Plantations.

You heard of Delphine LaLaurie?

interesting. Do you know when they came here? I book plantation tours, but I find myself disgusted by the elderly white couples who want to see the "right history without the slavery stuff" (I book them for the Whitney Plantation. Essentially a slavery museum. Fuck them)

You should for sure visit the Whitney Plantation if you want to truly understand the horrors of Plantations.

You heard of Delphine LaLaurie?
I don’t know exactly when they went there. I’m at a point in my ancestry research where I’ve hit a wall. My dad used to go back to Louisiana in the 60s and early 70s to see family, but I’ve never been. I’ll have to ask him more about the specifics of where and when. I know that we have a lot of history in Oachita parish, my family were at different points mayors and sheriffs in northern Louisiana in and around west Monroe. I’d like to try to find a little bit more info and try to find the missing link I’m looking for. And no I’m not familiar with delphine LaLaurie.

@Jackie Blue I am super jealous!! I have been wanting to go too Italy for ages, Rome looks amazing and beautiful, its on my list!!!! I really want to go, its so hard now with the kids and job commitments, but I will try my best to go at some point

@Sir Galahad have you been too Rome? or anywhere in Italy?. and also were you ok last night? you said on thr play by play you were feeling sleepy and then you went, are you ok? what happened with your car?. hope you're ok buddy

source.gif
Yeah, I've gone to Italy several times over the years, although never south of Rome, so I've still got a lot of the country to see. I'd love to go back to Rome, visit Vatican City for the first time, Naples, Sicily, etc.

You should probably go before May and after October if you're worried about humidity.

Its a dump of a city, flat, no mountains and over hyped cuisine. But you like drag queens so I get why you think that dump is fun

Back