Most inspiring fighters

MajJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking fighters who have had a shit life or have had a bad time or a bad streak and made a comeback or done things that make you admire them

Jens Pulver- from what he went thru as a kid to where he got to was nothing short of inspirational

Matt Brown- turned his life around after nearly dying and is now on a big win streak

Munoz- not on a win streak or accomplished a lot in the sport but getting over depression, losing all that weight and beating the shit out of the Barbarian was great to see

Jose Aldo. His gym would feed him when he couldn't afford to eat. Really a rags to riches kind of story.

Those already mentioned, but I give one who most people don't even know of.
He was fighting Anton Kuivanen and lost SD. I looked Kuivanen's post fight interview and on the playlist next was the interview of Mitch Clarke. He was teary eyed and really emotional, very real and nice kid. I've been fan since because he's a nice guy and really loves MMA. Though I'm Finnish, I would root for Clarke in the rematch against Kuivanen. He's one of the most motivating and inspiring fighters for me.

I gotta say Nick Newell. Born with one and a half arms and is undefeated

It's pretty incredible that Matt Brown was as big of a drug addict as he was. If I didn't know about his past, I'd never guess he struggled with that. He just seems to have his shit so together these days.

Was he sexually abused or was it some other athlete?

his father was an alcoholic and it was daily torture, both mental and physical abuse, beatings...from what i can recall. pretty sure there was no sexual abuse.

Jose Aldo. His gym would feed him when he couldn't afford to eat. Really a rags to riches kind of story.

I'm a big Aldo fan can't believe if forget him lol

Yeah I recall hearing that he used to practice BJJ on the concrete with the rich kids who could afford to go to classes and he left home at 17 to go to Rio.. that takes balls to do at 17

Kevin randleman. Bas rutten. Court McGee. I really like vitor's I am second video.

just read up that he got shot at a family reunion anyone know why?

i always thought it was random, but i did a little digging and although the police gave no official motive, there was talk of it being gang-related.

"Incredibly, Johnson holds no anger towards his assailants for what they did to him, though he acknowledges they have to face the penalty if convicted of killing his cousin. Police have never released a possible motive." (bold mine)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/03/23/lavar-johnson-from-life-threatening-shooting-to-strikeforce-mai

"Gang involvement has not been confirmed but remains a possibility."

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/breaking-news/x435863382/Teen-wanted-in-connection-with-fatal-family-reunion-shooting-and-rape-in-March

Back