Most insane event in book that happened to you in real life

Shokushu Goukan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol, I am currently reading Blood Meridian again and there was a bizarre event in the book, and I was like "this happened to me in real life"

This is the quote: "The idiot was small and misshapen and his face was smeared with feces and he sat peering at them with dull hostility silently chewing a turd."
It is seriously killing me that I too saw this in real life.
So, to make this look like I am totally not making a thread to say this, has anyone else read some crazy shit in a book and was like "this happened to me before"?

Could you expand more on your particular experience? I'm pretty sure I missed anything like that so far in my life, I really need to get out more

About 1/3 of the shit you've seen on SouthLAnd and Let's Be Cops.

Could you expand more on your particular experience? I'm pretty sure I missed anything like that so far in my life, I really need to get out more

In 6th grade I lived next to a family of retards. The mother and son definitely were. The mother would give you the finger while gnawing on said finger.

Most days the kid played in his backyard naked. One day the retard boy was jumping up and down against the fence. My fried dipped a stick in some dog business and fed it to the kid. Plus the kid was filthy when we saw him---smears of brown on him.

So, I think this is pretty much like the quote from the book.

"The Bible" said "Thou shalt not covet," as in,

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

—Exodus 20:17

Sure enough, I haven't coveted!

Was reading Heart of Darkness and I seriously thought it was my biography

In 6th grade I lived next to a family of retards. The mother and son definitely were. The mother would give you the finger while gnawing on said finger.

Most days the kid played in his backyard naked. One day the retard boy was jumping up and down against the fence. My fried dipped a stick in some dog business and fed it to the kid. Plus the kid was filthy when we saw him---smears of brown on him.

Lol, I can't believe I didn't have the foresight to not ask

oh what's wrong w/me

Wtf man lmao

In Watchmen where the dude has a blue dick

Wait a minute

No nothing, never

Yeah?

Because I don't remember Glanton or the Judge feeding that turd to the "Wild Man."

Which do you fancy yourself, by the way? Glanton or the Judge?

Yeah?

Because I don't remember Glanton or the Judge feeding that turd to the "Wild Man."

Which do you fancy yourself, by the way? Glanton or the Judge?

I didn't feed it to him either. But he was chewing on it. He was an idiot. He was covered in his own filth. Close enough.

I don't fancy myself any of them, but Davy Brown is pretty funny with all the stuff leading up to him getting killed.

The judge does have some great speeches.

Your friend is an asshole.

The red wedding... So many dead...

Agreed.

TS, you need to tell your friend in no uncertain terms to stop doing this

lol, it was in 1986 or 87. I was like around 12. If we were older we would have at least put some ketchup on it first ffs. We are not barbarians or a-level genetic mongoloids and shit.

Back