Most impressive Romero's win?

Romero fights are weird. He's completely underwhelming for like 80% of them, but then flashes out of nowhere from time to time and eventually catches people leading to some of the most impressive violence in the sport. All the while, he does a solid job of keeping the fight close even when he's not doing much. I wonder how different his style would be if he didn't have the insane MW power.
He usually stalks his opponents and waits for the right opportunity. He might not score a lot of points this way but when he explodes you know shit is going down.

This guy beat Romero twice... undisputed?

53bZ3Lj.png

Nice , lol. That means by MMMath, USADA beats scale in a fight

Winch one is it for you?
I would go with Weidman fight.
Excellent wrestler,former champion(just in his previous fight already),awesome resume etc.
And everything Weidman did and tried failed to work on Romero,even when he went with his best skill winch is wrestling he got schooled.And all of a sudden Romero was like alright let's give people what they want and KO's him brutally with a flying knee.
Look at this wrestling clinic by Romero
DopeyTiredHoneycreeper-size_restricted.gif

WelcomeMinorIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Rockhold fight was maybe just as impressive,striking only and again nothing worked on Romero,showed awesome defence and went on to KO another former champ
cr27L77.gif

Some other impressive wins:
Tavares-showed beauty of his wrestling,pure domination
Kennedy-wasn't touched until Tim had to cheat and got brutalized for it in the next few minutes.
Machida-Did better standing vs a striking master and KO'd him brutally on the ground after first and only takedown.
Even though he lost in the scorecards it may be his performance against Whittaker in the second fight . Made the right adjustments from the first fight and instead of coming with a grappling-heavy gameplan he came in with a striking more patient approach and finished the champion almost 2x . Weidman and Rockhold fights are up there too and since they were wins (Both vicious T/KOs) they might take the best performance title but his performance against Whittaker in the second fight was really great.

Kennedy.. he beat him and the rulebook that night

Even though he lost in the scorecards it may be his performance against Whittaker in the second fight . Made the right adjustments from the first fight and instead of coming with a grappling-heavy gameplan he came in with a striking more patient approach and finished the champion almost 2x . Weidman and Rockhold fights are up there too and since they were wins (Both vicious T/KOs) they might take the best performance title but his performance against Whittaker in the second fight was really great.
Yes i can agree here,he was excellent in that fight,totally changed stance for the first time ever for this one fight and did even better like that.
Can't wait for his next fight

Romero's most impressive win was the come from behind W against USADA. Tainted supplements strike again.

It's funny, cuz Romero didn't actually beat anyone of notice.

Rockhold? He lost vs Bisping.

Jacare? Can't even get close to a title.

Machida? Was done at that point.

What's Romero's best win? His losses vs Whittaker?
Are you on the fucking rag today?

Lame

It's funny, cuz Romero didn't actually beat anyone of notice.

Rockhold? He lost vs Bisping.

Jacare? Can't even get close to a title.

Machida? Was done at that point.

What's Romero's best win? His losses vs Whittaker?
You can do that to most fighters.

Rockhold is his best win I think.

Romero fights are weird. He's completely underwhelming for like 80% of them, but then flashes out of nowhere from time to time and eventually catches people leading to some of the most impressive violence in the sport. All the while, he does a solid job of keeping the fight close even when he's not doing much. I wonder how different his style would be if he didn't have the insane MW power.

Romero without ko power would increase his quantity of strikes and wrestle more often. Technique-wise, his striking is Very underrated. The guy is unreal.

I think Machida. Cause he toyed with him. It was then I realized how good Romero is.

The Rockhold fight is definitely up there.

One of the most emasculating moments in UFC history.

romero_rockhold_kiss.0.jpg

As much as I dislike Rockhold, I actually felt bad for him during that moment. Dude was confused and couldn't do nothing while Romero had him in a corner, was all up in his face and made him his bitch.

RomeroKiss.jpg
I truly... i watched the fight, the video, the gifs... never had noticed the first pic. Surely it must be false.
Right? Hahahaha

Vs Tim Kennedy
was impressive because he should have lost that one.
Kennedy would have never even rocked Romero if he didn't cheat by grabbing his glove

Back