Most impressive displays of technical ability?

post-25712-amazing-judo-counter-throw-gif-koD1.gif

Wow

The first two rounds of Aldo vs Edgar were the most impressive display of a jab i've ever seen in mma.... Took Frankie - considered one of the best boxers in mma - more than 10 minutes to adapt and start slipping into Aldo's jab.

Yeah those were some incredibly sharp hands for MMA standards.

Barbosa vs Etim
Werdum vs Nog
Hominick vs Roop

Rory MacDonald vs Ellenberger. Rory made him look like a fish out of water.

Franklin's sub defense (gif anyone?)

Jacare tooling camozzi on the ground like he was playing with a child

Amir vs baroni ...followed by amir vs ludwig to show the different levels of muy thai

Miriam nakamoto vs duda for the same reason

that condit vs kampman fight showed how technical condit was especially against a fighter of kampman's caliber.

Jimmy Hettes vs Nam Phan @ UFC141

That was impressive and beautiful.

I always show GSP vs Frank Trigg to showcase his pure well rounded dominance to new UFC fans. It's just unreal how GSP controls every aspect of fighting in that bout.

That's what I was thinking. They were the #1 and #2 contenders and GSP made it look like Trigg was a pure amateur. He was relentless and Trigg couldn't do anything.

Start at around 8.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmoG-uEQqCs

All the judo in this thread reminded me of Karo's fight with Nick Diaz which I recall had some pretty slick grappling displays by both guys.

GSP-Hughes III. From the throw directly to side-control up to the transition from the kimura attempt to armbar was just brilliant. Hughes didn't stand a chance.

GSP seems to be a common name here.. I'd say GSP vs Koscheck both of them.. First one his defense of Kos' takedowns and the second for the jab

Jon Jones' technique in the Stephan Bonner fight blew me away. The way he would only make minor adjustment to drop Stephan again and again, it was all technique.

Back