Most impressive displays of technical ability?

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think everyone was super-impressed by Anderson's Matrix displays up until the last fight, so we'll take that as a given.

I'll start with Shogun's first fight with Machida. That was when Machida was at the peak of his "aura," and Shogun really broke his game down in a way I, as a casual fan, didn't realize was possible.

gsp1.gif

GSP is the best technical wrestler ever

7.gif

6.gif

I love Judo takedowns

Not UFC but Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton. I'm really surpised I couldn't find it on youtube just now. That's a shame.

Maia clinching with Sonnen against the fence, taking him down and immediately submitting him.

Bj prevented damage from Hughes in the 2nd fight before taking his back

I was impressed with GSP's jabbing of Josh Koscheck. Also, I never saw a submission like the one Jon Jones put on Lyoto Machida, that impressed me. Anthony Pettis and his incredibly accurate kicks always wowed me. Also, GSP's ability to stop takedowns is legendary. There are a lot of other things that impressed me, I just cannot remember most of the fighters names.

Not a specific moment or anything but....

First time I watched:

Edson Barboza
Jose Aldo
Dominick Cruz
Mark Hominick
Chad Mendes
Gunnar Nelson

Thiago Alves showed beautiful violence against Josh Koscheck

gracie subbing his way to winning ufc 1

I always show GSP vs Frank Trigg to showcase his pure well rounded dominance to new UFC fans. It's just unreal how GSP controls every aspect of fighting in that bout.

The first two rounds of Aldo vs Edgar were the most impressive display of a jab i've ever seen in mma.... Took Frankie - considered one of the best boxers in mma - more than 10 minutes to adapt and start slipping into Aldo's jab.

Back