Most healthy alcohol?? If there is such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chum Slam

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have recently adopted a nice new diet and living style with alot of cardio and good portion control. However, I miss drinking! Yes that sounds immature.

My question is, what is the best thing to drink while trying to stay healthy? Should I not eat after or during drinking?

Thanks in advance everybody.

Vodka. But vodka is for pussies, drink whiskey.

My question is, what is the best thing to drink while trying to stay healthy?

water_tutorial02.jpg

I wouldn't over analyze this. If you enjoy the occasional drink, just drink what you enjoy. If what you are really asking is "what's the least harmful alcohol to get drunk on?", then the answer is none of them.

Bud has some 55 calorie beer, but it tastes as you would expect....water.

Are shots more healthy than wine or beer? do they rank a certain way?

I wouldn't over analyze this. If you enjoy the occasional drink, just drink what you enjoy. If what you are really asking is "what's the least harmful alcohol to get drunk on?", then the answer is none of them.

That's not so. Some alcohol is healthier to get drunk on than others, depending on what your health goals are.

I only drink straight shots of whiskey/scotch/cognac/bourbon or tequila

I think it was Lyle McDonald who talked about the effects of alcohol by itself being overstated, and that eating after drinking is what is much more harmful to fat loss since your body works to get rid of the alcohol and protein synthesis stops for hours after drinking.

stay with the hard liquor, no sugary chasers and/or mixers and eat well before and control those drunken late night food outings and you'll be good.

I think it was Lyle McDonald who talked about the effects of alcohol by itself being overstated, and that eating after drinking is what is much more harmful to fat loss since your body works to get rid of the alcohol and protein synthesis stops for hours after drinking.

stay with the hard liquor, no sugary chasers and/or mixers and eat well before and control those drunken late night food outings and you'll be good.

Exactly this ^

Recreational alcohol isn't healthy, in any aspect. Don't bullshit yourself and drink because you like to drink at the occasion. It's alright, and you do whatever you need to have a good time. But just skip the BS about trying to be healthy, because as a previous post stated; healthy alternative? Water, otherwise None.

Recreational alcohol isn't healthy, in any aspect. Don't bullshit yourself and drink because you like to drink at the occasion. It's alright, and you do whatever you need to have a good time. But just skip the BS about trying to be healthy, because as a previous post stated; healthy alternative? Water, otherwise None.

Yes... DAD !

Am I gonna have to upload the famous Arnold "Jim Bean" weightlifting supplement video?

Great response

He already said he's going to drink, now under that umbrella he's looking for the least bad.

My method that works is I'm the designated driver, i Have a good time, look nice to the ladies have 2 drinks at the beginning and 3 hours later I drive everyone home, works like a charm.

Short of that, from what i understand if it gives you a hangover thats bad. Vodka, higher end is more pure so less crap in it. Absolut is old filtering technology stay away from it IMO. Things like Southern Comfort that are famous for making you hurt later, are bad.

I imagine with tequila it would be like vodka (someone help me if I'm wrong) higher quality (not higher proof) the less bad its going to be for you.

I think that tard "the situation" is endorsing a high protein vodka.

Red wine because of the resveratrol. I just do what Muscle and Fitness tells me to do

Spirits are essentially, all the same.

The cheaper they are typically the more preservatives are present. It is the chemical preservatives that give you a hangover.

1x30ml shot of alcohol daily is proven to yield health benefits. Studies show that people who get drunk on a weekly basis live shorter lives than people who don't drink at all. And people who don't drink at all live slightly shorter lives than people who have 1-2 'standard drinks' a few times a week.

If you're going to go out and party, man up and drink pure spirits. That's what I do. People will think you are tough like Clint Eastwood. Chase it down with water if you have to, or, after waiting for a few minutes to appear tough, have a glass of water and stay hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back