Most Foreman-like Chin in MMA

tuff juice

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
George Foreman's second career in his 40s saw an oooold dude, who had been through plenty of wars, demonstrate a serious chin/ability to absorb big shots.

In MMA, we're used to seeing fighters' chins go downhill after a certain age or a certain chin-cracking event..

Can you name any MMA fighters who showed a fantastic chin in their old age?

(Ive even heard that Foreman's chin was actually better in his old age because his first trainer when he was younger insisted on Foreman fighting dehydrated.. not just to weigh in .. .but to actually dehyrdate for the fight, which dehydrated his brain and affected his ability to take a punch.)

Was it his chub? His neck? His balance? Slipping? How do you explain Foreman's strong as S old man chin and who would you compare it to as far as older MMA fighters? I'm not sure we've seen older MMA fighters demonstrate this ability..

Hendo despite the Vitor fight.

Robbie Lawler, his chin has always been good, but it's taken heat from Hendricks, Ellenburger and a slew of middleweights and hasn't been cracked since Diaz.

Robbie Lawler, his chin has always been good, but it's taken heat from Hendricks, Ellenburger and a slew of middleweights and hasn't been cracked since Diaz.

I seem to remember him getting stunned by Manhoef before scoring a one punch KO. Of course, that's the same Manhoef who put Hunt right to sleep.

Edit: I remembered wrong. He was hurt to the body and legs, but not the head.

Last edited:
Robbie is actually also a fairly young guy in terms of actual age.

Hendo or Hunt. Both still can absorb massive shots despite their age.

Mark Hunt. Aside from taking a spinning back kick to the face and running into a punch from fucking Melvin Manhoef he has showed some incredible durability.

Probably Mark Hunt. Takes it and keeps coming unphased.

I'm still blown away by the shot JDS landed on him. It was the same shot that KO'ed Cain and sounded like a gunshot. Hunt spins on the ground like a tumbleweed as if the wind knocked him down and then he gets back up like nothing ever happened.

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-3-400-sg.gif

Hunto and sig...

Man I can't wait until they fight, honorable mention to Condit.

Getting cracked over and over with 14oz gloves a hell of a lot different than getting hit with only 6oz thin gloves, remember that. Plus, getting hit with a shin is literally like being hit with a log.

Why people keep saying hendo. His chin looked horrible as of late

Penn is the Chuvalo of MMA. Never been dropped.

Getting cracked over and over with 14oz gloves a hell of a lot different than getting hit with only 6oz thin gloves, remember that. Plus, getting hit with a shin is literally like being hit with a log.

i've wondered about that.

on Hunt, he hasn't really fought all that much. probably could say the same for how much he has sparred/trained.

Nelson's fought a good bit though.

If that was true then Hunt's chin (aka the one that survived JDS's right hand) has been cracked for 6 years.

Getting KOed by a hook you ran into face-first doesn't say much about your chin.

Back