Most famous athlete of all time

Ali. You could go to some remote village in the mountains of Kurdistan and they'll know who he is, can't say the same for anybody else.

**Personally, I don't give a crap about Jordan, even though I know who he is. And I can confidently say he doesn't mean anything to anyone I know. Unlike Gretzky, Maradona, Tyson and a couple of other sportlers.

Yes, because anecdote = fact. What an annoying post.

I bet Pele, Ali, and Woods are all more well known than Jorcan.
Can't speak to Pele or Ali, but Woods is definitely not. The Harris poll tracks Americans.

Actually after thinking about it more. Ali and Pele might be number one.

Actually, it's probably Sir Edmund Hillary.
FYI, I didn't require a Google/Wiki to know who that is. I do think it's a travesty that more people don't know who Reinhold Messner is. He is without a doubt one of the most remarkable human beings to have ever graced the planet.
Not an athlete, though.
TrollFaceForm2.png

Maradona is even more famous than Pele imo, especially since he played in Europe... Pele is kinda like the Bill Russell of soccer in plenty of ways...

My pick would be Ali or Mike Tyson tho.

Internationally? No clue since I don't really follow non-American sports.

In the US,it's definitely Jordan though.

He's larger than basketball.

Jordan. And i only know who Pele is because of Anderson. Tyson might also be known more than Ali

Ali. You could go to some remote village in the mountains of Kurdistan and they'll know who he is, can't say the same for anybody else.

The same can easily be said of Jordan.

I've met Thai and Vietnamese villagers who idolize him and wear his merchandise.

Ali is a contender too, but I say Jordan because people are still buying his gear worldwide.

Back