Most expensive piece of clothing you've ever purchased?

A single article a winter jacket or jeans....my suits are all 700+ though.

Nah. It was about another $500 but I have way too many black dials aleady, so I went with the white one. I haven't seen any of the white dial Milguass' around since (on other peoples' wrists, that is.)

In retrospect, I probably should've gotten the green crystal since it's a collector's edition-and I'm a collector. :cool:

Still happy with my purchase. I have a thing for white dial chronometers.

One of the most beautiful, yet understated, watches I've ever seen. Money well spent !!

Is this a status thread? All of you idiots must be thousands in debt if your buying clothing bullshit like this.

Is this a status thread? All of you idiots must be thousands in debt if your buying clothing bullshit like this.

I know a couple of posters who are notably absent ITT that I know have a Brioni suits hanging in their closet.

I now believe you, you are a bike geek.

I guess I'm really old now because the first pair of cycling shoes were given to me (that's how it used to work). They were leather and the old Belgian guy marked the pedal position with chalk and then we went to the old Italian guy who repaired shoes and he nailed the cleat to the sole which was wood/cork. It wasn't until I was 15 that I got shoes with a plastic sole and screw adjustable cleats. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Only just now you believe me? Sheesh.

Ha, I have two pairs or retro leather Vittorias. Not the new ones made to look retro, but the legit, 30 year old ones. I bust 'em out sometimes when I'm rolling on my Rossin. Classy like that.

Kinda nice being able to move your cleats around, eh? Especially if you get a new bike w/different seat tube angle & tt length or want to try out a new saddle/seatpost combo that may change where your knee falls over the spindle. I love living in the future.

I hope it was the black label and not the Collezioni or Emporio line.

edit- Sorry, that came off a bit snobbish. What I mean is you severely overpaid if you spent over 2k for a Collezioni or Emporio suit. They are not that great of quality (for the money), in terms of construction. Unless they have changed recently, the jackets are all fused. 2k for a Black Label Armani suit isn't that bad. I don't know off the top of my head how much they run, but I'm pretty sure they start at around 3k.

LOL this is a straight style forum post , its nice to see some one who knows their shit.

600 for a Leather Jacket 15 years ago that I can still break out...timeless cut and style, so well made nice and plain. 800 for a Hugo Boss sui worth 1600t. I usually spend 300 for suits because I wear them out, but man to have 1 really good one for special occasions is worth it...quality is insane and I got it for half price. I know Boss isnt anything compared to real high end but the fit for me is perfect. Im not that fancy a guy, I dont even wear a watch.

600 for a Leather Jacket 15 years ago that I can still break out...timeless cut and style, so well made nice and plain. 800 for a Hugo Boss sui worth 1600t. I usually spend 300 for suits because I wear them out, but man to have 1 really good one for special occasions is worth it...quality is insane and I got it for half price. I know Boss isnt anything compared to real high end but the fit for me is perfect. Im not that fancy a guy, I dont even wear a watch.

Depending on what your job is, a decent dress watch certainly improves your appearance (if you have to wear a suit). You don't even need to spend that much money on a watch, a Longines / Mido will do for starters.

Probably my back country snowboarding setup -when you add up boots, polar max underwear, burton pants/jacket, grenade gloves, -it probably exceeded 1500.00

but as for a single purchase probably a suit or tux I bought for maybe 600-700 dollars

generally I don't spend a lot of money on clothes -I usually buy at outlets and out of season clearance sales -becaise I don't see the point in being an early adopter of fashions and paying 4 times as much.

I'm fairly certain that some of us live on more than just an allowance.

Depending on what your job is, a decent dress watch certainly improves your appearance (if you have to wear a suit). You don't even need to spend that much money on a watch, a Longines / Mido will do for starters.

Don't longines start a thousand?

Nino Cerruti polo shirt I bought in Japan was around $200. :eek:

Back