Most exciting new fighter to sign with UFC

Bartinho

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jacare Souza!
There is no one I'd rather see step into the Octagon. I believe he'll have the kind of impact Damien Maia did a few years ago. His striking improves measurably with each fight and despite an increasingly deeper and stronger division, I think he may fight his way to a MW title fight.
Curious to see how well Roger Gracie does also.

Cormier for now. Robbie Lawler too.. I know he will never fight for a title or even be top 3.. But as far as exciting goes he's up there

Tim Kennedy, Cormier, Barnett, Mardquart, Mousassi, there are a ton!

Cormier, Barnett, Mardquart, ronda , gil melendez

Im really looking forward to Jacare making the move too. He's going to make a very big impact on the UFC MW division.

[QUOTE="Rush";78294021]Im really looking forward to Jacare making the move too. He's going to make a very big impact on the UFC MW division.[/QUOTE]

He has the perfect style of BJJ to translate in to MMA imo, very agressive, top game oriented with drop of athleticism.

Healy Noons Masvidal Mousasi Kennedy Marquardt Cormier Melendez Souza Rockhold Larkin Couture Gurgel Lawler Saffediene OSP Feijao Gracie Thomson Evangelista. UFC could clear out a few scrubs to make way for a ton o' guys. Divisions would be huge.

Feijao is the least talked about guy im looking forward to seeing fight in the UFC. Sucks we have to wait till May to see him but theres some good match ups to be made with him. Sucks we never got to see him vs Mousasi.

Cormier and Jacare are who I'm interested in. Also Mousasi now that he is actually training MMA fulltime and for real for the first time in his career.

Luke Rockhold a little. I'm not really buying into him being as good as he has come off so far.

Jacare, Lombard, Rockhold, and potentially Mousasi if he drops like he's talked about potentially doing; are much needed, huge shots in the arm for the MW division. I think all but Rockhold provides a threat to Andy, and maybe one of them could even beat him, at this stage of his career.

Up until recently it looked like Andy and Weidman, as far as guys who could take the title.

Machida dropping down too would also bolster the division, but that probably wouldn't happen unless Andy retired.

inb4 someone mentions some obscure Asian fighter who is signed to fight on the undercard for the next UFC Japan show. But seriously, I am excited to see what guys like Jacare and Rockhold can do against competition of their own caliber or higher.

Jacare and Mousasi are both talented... for Strikeforce fighters. Neither will be able to compete against the elites.

Jacare, Lombard, Rockhold, and potentially Mousasi if he drops like he's talked about potentially doing; are much needed, huge shots in the arm for the MW division. I think all but Rockhold provides a threat to Andy, and maybe one of them could even beat him, at this stage of his career.

Up until recently it looked like Andy and Weidman, as far as guys who could take the title.

Machida dropping down too would also bolster the division, but that probably wouldn't happen unless Andy retired.
Agree with all this, this is really exciting for the MW division. I honestly think all 3 of those guys might be top 5 MWs right now, definitely not far from it. I think even somebody like Kennedy will surprise a lot of people. He's top 10 IMO. MW has really been missing some key pieces.

Back