Most evolved mma fighter ever

Nobody has evolved his arsenal of technique and stable of trainers and training partners more than GSP. Probably the most privileged fighter in mma history(which is not a bad thing).

Then started losing the minute USADA came around.

Fact is most late career resurgence were the product of peds. Couture, Hendo, Vitor, etc.

Let's get real - there's no UFC fighter we can conclusively say has never used PEDs, either before or after USADA.

I'm sure USADA has been a big part of some fighters going downhill after 2015. You have a point with Vitor but he also just got old. With or without PEDs, being 38 means you can't perform like a 25 yo.

Randy was pre-USADA so other than TRT who knows. He retired in 2011 at 47 and always had a plodding wall and stall style that aged well.

Hendo was another TRT user but he came off it in 2014 when it was banned and still had KO's over Boetsch and Lombard and his close 5-round title scrap with Bisping post-USADA at age 46.

Robbie? He had his resurgence and then dropped off at 34/35 like a lot of fighters. Maybe he was on PEDs but all the guys you named just got old or were already old AF.

Last edited:
Let's get real - there's no UFC fighter we can conclusively say has never used PEDs, either before or after USADA.

I'm sure USADA has been a big part of some fighters going downhill after 2015. You have a point with Vitor but he also just got old. With or without PEDs, being 38 means you can't perform like a 25 yo.

Randy was pre-USADA so other than TRT who knows. He retired in 2011 at 47 and always had a plodding wall and stall style that aged well.

Hendo was another TRT user but he came off it in 2014 when it was banned and still had KO's over Boetsch and Lombard and his close 5-round title scrap with Bisping post-USADA at age 46.

Robbie? He had his resurgence and then dropped off at 34/35 like a lot of fighters. Maybe he was on PEDs but all the guys you named just got old or were already old AF.

Other than TRT for Randy? TRT is probably the most efficient ped. Also, Hendo ko'ing guys post TRT ban but pre-USADA doesn't mean he wasn't on TRT. What I know is that Hendo went from decision Dan to H-Bomb Dan with TRT. Clearly a career resurgence due to PED.

Same for Vitor, everyone said he was washed up when he only had 4 wins in his last 10 after losing to Hendo. TRT made him a top fighter again.

Other than TRT for Randy? TRT is probably the most efficient ped. Also, Hendo ko'ing guys post TRT ban but pre-USADA doesn't mean he wasn't on TRT. What I know is that Hendo went from decision Dan to H-Bomb Dan with TRT. Clearly a career resurgence due to PED.

Same for Vitor, everyone said he was washed up when he only had 4 wins in his last 10 after losing to Hendo. TRT made him a top fighter again.

TRT helped both Randy and Hendo as I said. But Hendo KO'ed Boetsch in 2015, the year USADA was implemented and his crazy back elbow KO of Lombard was a year into the USADA era.

Vitor... the man has been a walking chemistry lab since he debuted at 19 with no known weaknesses.

I'm not saying TRT/PEDs don't prolong or enhance fighter performance - clearly they do. But the guys you named aren't the best examples of PED-user post-USADA busts given they were all >35 in 2015. Even post-USADA do you actually believe everyone who DOESN'T piss hot is clean?

TRT helped both Randy and Hendo as I said. But Hendo KO'ed Boetsch in 2015, the year USADA was implemented and his crazy back elbow KO of Lombard was a year into the USADA era.

Vitor... the man has been a walking chemistry lab since he debuted at 19 with no known weaknesses.

I'm not saying TRT/PEDs don't prolong or enhance fighter performance - clearly they do. But the guys you named aren't the best examples of PED-user post-USADA busts given they were all >35 in 2015. Even post-USADA do you actually believe everyone who DOESN'T piss hot is clean?

I didn't state example of "post USADA busts". I listed guys who had career resurgences due to PEDs, and those resurgences happened before USADA.

I didn't state example of "post USADA busts". I listed guys who had career resurgences due to PEDs, and those resurgences happened before USADA.

Then started losing the minute USADA came around.

As I noted, Lawler turned 34 when USADA came in and aging out in mid 30's is common in pro fighters. Was his 2013 to 2016 resurgence assisted by PEDs? Possibly but so possibly was every fighter he faced and he never pissed hot.

You're also disregarding that Hendo had 2 KO's and a competitive 5-round title decision (two judges had it 48-47 and Sherdog scored it a majority draw) at age 44-46 while testing clean under USADA and after he was officially off TRT. Was he still using? Possibly but so possibly was every other fighter in the UFC.

Vitor's career was very clearly assisted by PEDs and I agree with you there.

Back