Most evolved mma fighter ever

Quinton Jackson's career is a perfect bell curve.

You were saying Mousasi is this exception, and his longevity has been so insane which it has

But a big reason for that is because he doesn't actually fight good people at his weight that often

Take someone like Chris Weidman for example, every fight since he beat Anderson has been against someone insanely good, which is part of the reason his body is broken now

It's honestly very hard to even know how good Mousasi is anymore because he never fights good MW's lol
No offense but u need to be educated on the career of mousasi.... he only has 39 stoppages of his 47 wins[ 31 in 1st round]. I could post at least 23 or so quality wins and not based on subjective rankings.lol - who did Chris beat and how to be on other side of cage of an Anderson who's time was up ?
Mousasi's 2nd prime came after jacare 2 when his friend needed " an advantage to beat him" but thats ok. Thst was finally the fight where ( as the case for most eventual UFC champs when they first come and suffer a few setbacks and then understand and make " that choice " ....as long as they have the talent to go with ) he finally built a team , gym and lead trainer around him instead of big brother " bringing in friends" to help him get ready ....wut ?
He then destroyed all 7 men on final 8 fight deal and left on own terms. Only UFC fighter who can make that claim in its history [ 5 stoppages , bisping declining t.shot out of fear and the unfortunate 90 day nego-).
The larger weidman was humbled by a REAL STAND UP TECHNICIAN WITH A CHIN. Chris was exposed when SFORCE middles came over and all got a few under belt and his days were numbered.

Unlike bisping, chris was a real champ. That, I'll give him but the devil is in the details and timing/circumstances were Chris s best friend. The smaller mousasi laughed at the larger weidman in 1st round as he gave him takedowns and mousasi GAVE HIM his back and neck as he got right the F up as the elite wrestler/ black belt knew he was in trouble .

That's what I have ....maybe..just maybe you can step outside the box and, respectfully, understand

No offense but u need to be educated on the career of mousasi.... he only has 39 stoppages of his 47 wins[ 31 in 1st round]. I could post at least 23 or so quality wins and not based on subjective rankings.lol - who did Chris beat and how to be on other side of cage of an Anderson who's time was up ?
Mousasi's 2nd prime came after jacare 2 when his friend needed " an advantage to beat him" but thats ok. Thst was finally the fight where ( as the case for most eventual UFC champs when they first come and suffer a few setbacks and then understand and make " that choice " ....as long as they have the talent to go with ) he finally built a team , gym and lead trainer around him instead of big brother " bringing in friends" to help him get ready ....wut ?
He then destroyed all 7 men on final 8 fight deal and left on own terms. Only UFC fighter who can make that claim in its history [ 5 stoppages , bisping declining t.shot out of fear and the unfortunate 90 day nego-).
The larger weidman was humbled by a REAL STAND UP TECHNICIAN WITH A CHIN. Chris was exposed when SFORCE middles came over and all got a few under belt and his days were numbered.

Unlike bisping, chris was a real champ. That, I'll give him but the devil is in the details and timing/circumstances were Chris s best friend. The smaller mousasi laughed at the larger weidman in 1st round as he gave him takedowns and mousasi GAVE HIM his back and neck as he got right the F up as the elite wrestler/ black belt knew he was in trouble .

That's what I have ....maybe..just maybe you can step outside the box and, respectfully, understand
Your writing skills are really bad for someone who talks such a big game

Anyway I'm not saying Chris is better, I'm just using him as an example of a MW who actually fought tough dudes every fight

Look at Mousasi's record, he never did that, which is the main reason longevity has been so good

I don't even get what your point is now, this whole thing was talking about how Mousasi is better than Weidman which I don't even disagree with. The original point was about Mousasi's longevity, which to me isn't really that impressive because he doesn't actually fight good MW's regularly.

Werdum. You saw how basic he was back in his newbie pride days, skinny ass-butt scooting, too afraid to strike, face slapping Werdum.

Fast forward to flying knee on mark hunt and a way more well rounded game.

Gotta go with Conor McGregor the guy is an absolute savage. Jumping Shoulder Strikes, Flying Knees, 360 Tornado Kicks etc. the guy can do it all.

Your writing skills are really bad for someone who talks such a big game

Anyway I'm not saying Chris is better, I'm just using him as an example of a MW who actually fought tough dudes every fight

Look at Mousasi's record, he never did that, which is the main reason longevity has been so good

I don't even get what your point is now, this whole thing was talking about how Mousasi is better than Weidman which I don't even disagree with. The original point was about Mousasi's longevity, which to me isn't really that impressive because he doesn't actually fight good MW's regularly.
First off - posting ultra fast( dont care) so if my writing skills are " off" ..oh well, u can certainly understand ( not that bad ).
Secondly, not turning this into a weidman thing. You mentioned his comp but has no longevity and from machida( a pretty good version of lyoto)to mousasi were basically his biggest stretch - meh[ 4 fights].
Mousasi fights who they put in front of him . PERIOD. Has never said " no" to a fight. Subjective rankings , classes & UFC double standards.
I'll take the win over 2021 D.Lima over any UFC middle from #3 down. That's your opinion on his 185 comp .
He also first one to throw his hat in vs DC at 200 ( glad DC opted Anderson cause style/size wouldnt of went well for moose....if u even knew). He went and knocked out Thisgo in 3 minutes ( I know- here come the double standards) instead.
He was first to throw in hat vs rumble when DC went down. Rumble declined and was refreshingly honest about it ( if u heard his Q&A). I think he would've beat rumble as an underdog ( at time) . The technician and chin wouldve offset rumble on feet until he got him to ground and " mild" upset wouldve came to fruition.
Johnson very complimentary towards gegard as he took alot of shit afterwards.

Whatever- so its your opinion that gegard didnt fight murderer after murderer after murderer. Good - thsts why hes been able to sustain a rather ridiculous fight IQ than play to the fans.
However, again, hes never said no in 18 and a half years to a fight . No matter size or place .
See- this is what I want. Educate the new and open the eyes of the old.

Gotta go with Conor McGregor the guy is an absolute savage. Jumping Shoulder Strikes, Flying Knees, 360 Tornado Kicks etc. the guy can do it all.

That's not a guy evolving. The guy has always been a striker, and no matter what random occasional strikes he throws in, he was and still is a guy that's best weapon is his left hand.

We're all talking about evolving as fighters. Like when I said Rose, the situation for her is that if you count the fights from TUF, won 8 out of her first 9 pro fights by submission. By the time she gets to UFC 217 and the two fights with Joanna, she has improved her striking enough to prove to be the best striker in the entire division and beat a multiple time Muay Thai & Kickboxing champion in a pure standup fight. Now she rarely ever goes for grapples, despite how we all know how good she is in her submission game.

Charles Olivera and Jan for sure.

Shevchenko easily. elite level striker got to the point where she also might very well be the best wrestler and a grappler in her division. can't get any more evolved than that.

Anderson Silva, from regulalry shitting the bed (Takase, Chonan, Okami), and been cut from PRIDE twice (Despite being a Minotauro's protegé) to GOAT status.

Dude, Silva was already #1 WW 5 years before he gabbed the UFC belt.

Back