Most evolved mma fighter ever

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who is it in your opinion? What fighter has gone from water to wine in the most impressive way ever? Im gonna go with jan, it might be recency bias because of his last victories but i just can't think of another guy that changed his carrer that much. People talk a lot about porier and although its true he has evolved leaps and bounds he was always a promisse as a fighter so its not a schock to see him doing so well, jan on the other hand was on the cutting board and although he had a long carrer lets be fair here, most people was just expecting him to be the average fighter trading wins and losses, than all of a sudden he becomes a destroyer of worlds with no apparent weakness in his game, talk about a late bloomer

hi-res-6ca4a8dbb0f0cbcc5b8d9cc58b625bbf_crop_north.jpg

Who is it in your opinion? What fighter has gone from water to wine in the most impressive way ever? Im gonna go with jan, it might be recency bias because of his last victories but i just can't think of another guy that changed his carrer that much. People talk a lot about porier and although its true he has evolved leaps and bounds he was always a promisse as a fighter so its not a schock to see him doing so well, jan on the other hand was on the cutting board and although he had a long carrer lets be fair here, most people was just expecting him to be the average fighter trading wins and losses, than all of a sudden he becomes a destroyer of worlds with no apparent weakness in his game, talk about a late bloomer
Glover for me. Sure he was good whilst younger, but he’s ready for another title shot at 40+. He’s legit and besides rumble punching his teeth into the 10th row, he’s always put on a good fight.

Glover for me. Sure he was good whilst younger, but he’s ready for another title shot at 40+. He’s legit and besides rumble punching his teeth into the 10th row, he’s always put on a good fight.
I can relate to your love for Glover. I hope to see you in the PBP Sept 4!

That guy with the third arm, cat-like reflexes, the speed and grace of a gazelle, more power than a gorilla. That guy is the most evolved. Plus he can talk without using his mouth- just his brain.

That's a good way to frame it, by era.

By that metric it's still Prime Fedor.
Not really. Frank was so much better than his comp. Look at his fight vs Tito, Frank fought the perfect fight. Fedor was the best at his time but Nog was a close 2nd @ that time. Frank was a chalkboard reset.

This.

-Left the UFC in 2005 after losing 3 of last 4
-Wins and defends EliteXC belt against... Scott Smith
-Goes 3-5 in Strikeforce without winning the belt

Then he returns to the UFC in 2013 and no one including me expected him to make waves. Came into his title win vs. Hendricks at 24-10-1 which has to be the most losses of any 1st time UFC champ ever.

Last edited:
This.

-Left the UFC in 2005 after losing 3 of last 4
-Wins and defends EliteXC belt against... Scott Smith
-Goes 3-5 in Strikeforce without winning the belt

When he returned to the UFC in 2013 no one including me expected him to make waves. Came into his title win vs. Hendricks at 24-10-1 which has to be the most losses of any 1st time UFC champ ever.
He's honestly underrated as a GOAT WW

He'd be a tough go for Usman and GSP, I don't think he would beat them... but it would be interesting

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back