Most Entertaining WW Champion: Lawler or GSP?

Most entertaining champion?

• Total voters
... usually with no clear winner.

True, but the question is "who is more entertaining." I enjoyed watching GSP's dominance against each guy who was supposedly the answer, but Lawler fights put people on the edge of their seats. The Rory rematch and Condit fight belong on GOAT fight lists.

True, but the question is "who is more entertaining." I enjoyed watching GSP's dominance against each guy who was supposedly the answer, but Lawler fights put people on the edge of their seats. The Rory rematch and Condit fight belong on GOAT fight lists.

yes.. he takes a lot of damage and turns fights into bloody mess. For that he entertains. But me no like blood.

Lawler has more closely contested fights because he does not have the massive skill advantage gsp did over his opponents. So for that reason his fights are more entertaining than the mismatches GSP had.

Lawlor is a brawler. Of course he's more entertaining! It's not even close. GSP started going for the "W" in his later years and kind of sat on his lead if he had one. He's also really hard to hit and Lawlor is willing to take some to give some.

I was more impressed by GSP but his fighter were not even close to entertaining as Lawler because Lawler if fairly closely matched to his opponents and had to lay it all on the line to stay champ where GSP was so much better he didn't have to dig deep in any of his fights aside from Johnny and even in that fight he sorta coasted to the split victory.

Robbie Lawler is for sure involved in more wild fights so I guess it's gotta be him.

Is this a troll thread? Lawlor is one of the most exciting champs ever and GSP pretty far from that

Robbie Lawler is not only more entertaining, but he's the better fighter too. GSP's record and accomplishments are amazing, but he didn't do what he did against fighters of the same level as currently seen in MMA

... you mean like Condit, Hendricks and McDonald?

I don't need my favorite fighters to win.

I need them to fight.

Lawler.

This says it all.
l41lHtOfrfjXQDcoo.gif

Comparing common opponents, 2 of Robbie's title fight wins have been against guys that GSP has also beaten. GSP tooled a prime Koscheck twice. As for opponents GSP hasn't fought that Robbie has, we are left with Ellenberger and Brown, who aren't considered elite and were fighting during GSP's reign. There's Bobby Voelker, a journeyman, and Rory, one of GSP's main training partners and protege. Not sure how you could say he's the better fighter and base it off of "current levels of MMA" when there's not much different between who they have fought thus far.
I'm talking about the fighters' skills, not their records. I think Hendricks beat GSP quite decisively. While Robbie had 2 close fights with him. GSP got beat up by Condit and had to win by stalling. Robbie arguably lost to Condit, but at least he fought him. I think Rory beats GSP, and predicted such well before GSP even retired. Lawler is a better striker than GSP, and his TDD is just as good. As you might expect, I'd pick him to beat GSP

... you mean like Condit, Hendricks and McDonald?
Just Condit and Hendricks. And yes. See my post above. And anyway, GSP didn't make his name in the Condit and Hendricks fights. He made his name dominating Sherk and Hughes and Koscheck and Alves and Penn and Fitch and Hardy. The Robbie Lawler of today beats those fighters too. He stopps Fitch and Koscheck's takedowns. He destroys Hardy. He beats Thiago Alves on the feet. Prime BJ might be a tough fight, but I'd definitely pick Robbie there too

... usually with no clear winner.
Sometimes the winner is pretty clear to all but a couple of officials.

OT: between the two poll options it is Lawler, obviously. Hughes was more exciting than either of those guys though.

What kind of question is this? obviously Robbie....

Im a huge gsp appreciator, and believe that he's the greatest athlete this sport has ever seen.

But lawler is in the running for most entertaining fighter of all time, this isn't even close.

Back