Most embarrassing loss of 2014?

Rick Story vs Gunnar Nelson...

Nelson was supposed to be the second coming, but he couldn't keep from getting punched in the face.

CanineHomelyEeve.gif

This. Glorious.

Nah, Shogun/OSP.

I have never heard a crowd go that quiet. Not even just for MMA, just ever.

Shogun fan reporting to say this. I wish he would hang them up, can't see him go out like that again.

shogun/osp.

Shogun looked the biggest/ripped/in shape iv eva seen him for a fight, but still got ko'ed quite badly.
I like shogun but that osp counter-hook was just great and also delicious to watch

Barao vs Dillashaw, it was supposed to be an easy win for Barao and he ended up being destroyed for 5 rounds and finished

IIRC, he was pretty cocky he talked some crap but no more than you would expect from a big favourite giving pre-fight interviews, but without the incoherent rant at the end, it's not that notable.

He was a 9-1 favorite or something crazy like that, and supposed to be the Swedish Conor. It was in Sweden and he had talked crazy amounts of shit about how they were bringing in someone to lose... gave him absolutely no respect in the fight attacking recklessly with his hands down and paid the price. The crowd was even booing the Brit for KO'ing their hero lol. IMO it's very embarrassing to so clearly and completely buy into your own hype after ONE UFC fight. He got humbled the hard way.

Maybe not on the level of shitting your pants, but it was definitely notable.

Last edited:
I won't quote you cause I think you made a freudian slip, and I'll let you correct it, but yeah, forgot it was in Sweden. It was horribly embarrassing, for me as well, I told the people I was watching it with this was a guaranteed win.

I won't quote you cause I think you made a freudian slip, and I'll let you correct it, but yeah, forgot it was in Sweden. It was horribly embarrassing, for me as well, I told the people I was watching it with this was a guaranteed win.

LOL thanks

Lots of good ones, probably better ones, already mentioned but for me Carlos Diego Ferreira vs Colton Smith is up there. They were talking about how Smith never got to properly train but this time was different, he got permission from the army to take off and really, really train and this and that, and how all his boys were rooting for him. Then he got choked out in like 40 seconds.

I just looked up Humberto Brown on Sherdog. The ad above his profile was for pampers... thought that was kind of funny.

Phil vs. AJ

You have no concept how extremely belligerent I was in the section of the floor at the Baltimore Arena. Well needless to say, AJ hardly got raped in their fight.

I ate major crow. I just lucked out that most of those abusing me for this fight had Texiera raping Jones so. . . . .

Ah yes... i've been in deep denial about that one. I think I'd prefer to believe that someone other than Penn was in the cage that day and he was channeling some tall dude with an odd style. :D

BJ with that awkward stance, getting dominated like a rookie. Embarrassing way to go out.

He looked like a dog standing on its back legs with its paws up in the air.

Has to be Rousey vs Davis which by 16 seconds in led to Davis vs Yves Lavigne.

105cgom.gif

qs89pe.jpg

Last edited:
This one.

The fact that it capped off one of the worst events ever held by the UFC didn't help. It was so bad I couldn't even enjoy seeing Shogun getting TKO'd.

yeah i always watch the fights with the same group of friends, all hardcores and follow the sport for 15+ years, and in recent memory, that was one of the most miserable nights i had with my buddies... lol i remember the weird empty feeling walking out to my car, feeling as if my evening had been wasted and i actually felt more restless than before the event... i usually feel satisfied. :cool:

plus that dude that pooped his pants. :redface::eek:

Back