Most effective jab in MMA?

It doesn't help that he has also had a long career already and many brutal training camps. He still has some in the tank, hopefully enough to hold the belt a little longer, its been a great run.

His first appearance in the UFC was UFC 46.

I agree.
Time waits for no one.

I don't understand why people are amazed by GSP/Koscheck 2.

The jab is a punch that is meant to do damage when done correctly.

BJ had an awesome jab, as does GSP. I think JDS might have the best jab in terms of setting up his power shots, and GSP might have the best jab for setting up takedowns. best jab for keeping range would have to be Rory.

You'd think GSP's current leaping, wrist-flicking jab would be easy to counter by simply stepping in, but no-one seems to be able to close that gap. His jab was, imo, better against Penn than it was against Kos, but he packs more power in it now since he jumps forward with it. Both versions serve his purpose better than Anderson's, even though Anderson has a better jab. Until someone finds and answer for it, it's GSP.

How can anyone say a name other than Anderson Silva?

Dude ends fights with his.

Has everyone ITT been typing with a straight face?

Because he just lost a fight, so people don't want to mention his name in threads like this (even though his jab is far and away the best in the sport).

gsp-eye-poke-om7rl.gif

More of a big deal should be made out of Shields doing this. It was disgraceful.

GSP or JDS

GSP uses his to set up for the td
JDS uses it to batter up your face

I wouldn't want to get it with either but I have yet to see someone get facial reconstruction via JDS jabs .
GSP jab is more accurate but of course JDS is more deadly since it's usually got more power from it .

Cain's jab against JDS in their second fight was huge (maybe the biggest factor in that fight). Maybe the most unheralded jab in MMA is Daniel Cormier's.

Yea cains jab did a lot for him in that fight, though I think the biggest two factors were his commitment to relentlessly shoot and juniors lack of commitment to body punches.

I'm surprised I ony saw one mention of winleland in this thread, he mixes his jab in with a straight left very nicely. He's easily one of the best at establishing his jab then using that to land more punches.

Glad to see makdessi got some love. The dude has very tight boxing with pretty impressive footwork and some sweet kicks when he lets them go. He's really good at jabbing off the back foot as he cuts angles on the retreat, regularly pumping out doubles ad triples.

Aldo had a great jab vs Edgar, really good footwork to a avoid the blitzes along with it.

Cub has a mean jab, which makes it all the more frustrating that he never uses it haha.

If you wanna see what a bad jab looks like (and how dangerous one is to throw) see Struve vs hunt or any of mendes' recent knockouts.

No kidding. That may have been the "worst" beating in the history of MMA, if you consider the consequences.

Fight happens in Canada. Kos gets beat the fuck up. The location of the damage prevents him from flying for like, weeks. So not only does he lose the fight, and sustain a major injury...homeboy can't even get home to the West coast. He is stuck traveling via car/bus/train, which essentially maroons him from his friends/family/home.

Now that I think of it...I think the fight happened late Nov/early Dec, so I think he was not only stranded away from home...but stranded away from home for the holidays.

Poor guy.

Back