Most effective jab in MMA?

rampage, wanderlei, nelson, etc. nah but actually it's gsp hands down.

Nyquist being sent down is heart breaking, but not really surprising considering the size of their roster.

Detroit is a change period and they slowed it down by not bring Nyquist up and resigning Cleary.

Last year we went through growing pains without Lids, and we will continue to this year with a new conference presents.

With all that said, I still think they are a under rated team. I believe they can grab a top 3 spot in their division.

I really, really, do not want to lose to the Leafs.

On the Canadiens forums they aren't underrated. Most peoples have Boston at first in their division then it's usually a toss up between ottawa and Detroit. Then it's Toronto/Montreal.

I rewatched the Fitch fight last night, GSP's jab improved lots.

He gets my vote.

I watched the Fitch fight as well last night.
Also watched his fights against Kos, Hughes, Penn1 and Alves.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel GSP does not have the same explosiveness he had pre-surgery.

I thought on TUF the other night, Holdsworth (sub guy?) or whatever used his jab really well against the smaller black dude (forget his name... but he had cancer at some point in his leg?), despite black dude supposedly being better striker.

How can anyone say a name other than Anderson Silva?

Dude ends fights with his.

Has everyone ITT been typing with a straight face?

I watched the Fitch fight as well last night.
Also watched his fights against Kos, Hughes, Penn1 and Alves.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel GSP does not have the same explosiveness he had pre-surgery.

It doesn't help that he has also had a long career already and many brutal training camps. He still has some in the tank, hopefully enough to hold the belt a little longer, its been a great run.

His first appearance in the UFC was UFC 46.

Certified GSP hater, but his jab is hard to deal with.

Gotta go with GSP. He got a very stiff jab (see Koscheck for example) and he uses it very efficiently.
Getting jabbed in the face all night long does more damage in the long run (bruises, cuts) than a power punch.

GSP's jab helped him win many fights.

How can anyone say a name other than Anderson Silva?

Dude ends fights with his.

Has everyone ITT been typing with a straight face?

Because Silva is almost exclusively a counter-puncher.
Anderson Silva leads very rarely, not only with jab but with any punch.

So i really don't think he has the most effective jab if he can only use it to counter-punch. GSP, Aldo and even JDS are good at leading and countering with their jabs.

Coming from a huge Anderson fan ;)

BJ
Okami
Hominick
Silva
Mousasi
Melendez has an underrated jab. Same with Wineland.

Back