Most disappointing derailed hype train that you believed in?

yIpdjAp.jpg
Robbie lawler became champ, how is that a hype train

I remember when I first saw adesanya fight I thought he was a title contender.
I feel the same about zabit, after his first few UFC fights I thought he would beat max, although with his latest performances and gassing out in the 3rd i'm not so sure anymore.
had high hopes for O'Malley but his legs are a weakness that I don't think he can improve on that
i was riding the ngannou train, got off, and now i'm back on. I do think he is working on his TD defense even though we haven't seen it.
I think costa will be derailed and exposed by izzy.
I thought johnny walker was going to go a lot farther than he did, that was sad.

Andrei Arlovski
Cro Cop
Overeem (Ubereem lived up to the hype but post-USADA Overeem has been a major disappointment)

I was fully on the Arlovski hype train. I remember the "Who's next" trailer that played during UFC 52 and I thought that was the coolest. Then he beat Buentello and I thought for sure the pitbull was gonna be a monster HW for years to come. Then he fought Sylvia again and never recovered.

Don't really need to say much about Cro Cop. I was hyped beyond belief for his signing. I was expecting the PRIDE Cro Cop to show up and dominate and easily become the HW Champ. Then he fought Gonzaga and was a tomato can for the rest of his UFC career.

I was fully on the Ubereem hype train, and he delivered big. Then those bastards at USADA happened and Reem hasn't been the same since.

Miguel Torres, Francis Carmont, Rumble Johnson, and Renan Barao

View attachment 799113
For me it would have to be former Bellator LW champion Will Brooks. He was coming off two big wins over Michael Chandler and i could of sworn he was the next UFC LW champion. He came into the UFC and barely beat Ross Pearson before getting finished in his next 3 fights and being released by the UFC and disappearing into irrelevance
Ken Shamrock. I use to be such a huge fan. I thought he was the world's most dangerous man. He disappointed me so many times.

Back