Most competitively priced martial arts school in NYC?

RogerRabbit

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Looking to finally get back into martial arts, but I know the prices in NYC are pretty insane. I really want to get in better physical shape by doing anything, wrestling, jiu jitsu, judo, ANYTHING, but I'm not sure where to look. If the place has a gym (barbells, etc.), then even better. Suggestions?

If I lived in NYC which I may, I'd go to Renzo Gracie's school. However, I think it's like 250 bucks a month. I'd still go though.

You might get better responses posting this in the grappling discussion and the striking discussion.

You'll also probably get better answers if you really. Nail down the type of training you want to do. NYC has a ton of great boxing clubs and in my experience, boxing clubs usually have some weight training atuff and are generally much cheaper than the currently popular martial arts (bjj, mma).

http://www.yingjowpai.com/

Check out one of the teachers listed on there, all are amazing schools with fair pricing. I am very partial as I studied Ying Jow Pai for almost 3 decades now. It is an amazing workout, and really interesting. Northern eagle claw fist is a style you can spend your whole life enjoying.

"Northern eagle claw fist"???

No offense but that sounds like bullshido to me.

Back