Most competitively priced martial arts school in NYC?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by RogerRabbit, Jul 31, 2015.

1. RogerRabbit

RogerRabbit Orange Belt

Looking to finally get back into martial arts, but I know the prices in NYC are pretty insane. I really want to get in better physical shape by doing anything, wrestling, jiu jitsu, judo, ANYTHING, but I'm not sure where to look. If the place has a gym (barbells, etc.), then even better. Suggestions?

2. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If I lived in NYC which I may, I'd go to Renzo Gracie's school. However, I think it's like 250 bucks a month. I'd still go though.

You might get better responses posting this in the grappling discussion and the striking discussion.

You'll also probably get better answers if you really. Nail down the type of training you want to do. NYC has a ton of great boxing clubs and in my experience, boxing clubs usually have some weight training atuff and are generally much cheaper than the currently popular martial arts (bjj, mma).

3. YagyuINC

YagyuINC Orange Belt

http://www.yingjowpai.com/

Check out one of the teachers listed on there, all are amazing schools with fair pricing. I am very partial as I studied Ying Jow Pai for almost 3 decades now. It is an amazing workout, and really interesting. Northern eagle claw fist is a style you can spend your whole life enjoying.

4. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

"Northern eagle claw fist"???

No offense but that sounds like bullshido to me.