Most Bizarre/worst/puzzling excuses for a loss?

I like fantasy quite a lot but I'm not familiar with that series.

The way Salvatore writes Drizzt's character is more than enough to make me want to vomit, though.

I like fantasy quite a lot but I'm not familiar with that series.

If you've played games like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, or Neverwinter Nights then you've at least had a look into the setting. All of those games take place in it.

...And even if he did die Salvatore (and Wizards) would just find some silly way to bring him back to life. I've only just started reading his new series and can't believe Drizzt's friends are back in the game after having been dead for 100 years. Come on. What's this the 2nd or 3rd that Wulfgar has been brought back?

I thought the way he brought them all back in The Companions was great. I love that Regis isn't useless anymore. I was getting tired of Dahlia ****iness anyway. Hopefully we get Drizzt vs Tiago Banre in the next book. Their aerial battle atop the dragons in the last book took my breathe away. Salvatore is a great writer. Keeping a character relevant and interesting after 24 books really is impressive.

I was wearing tassles on my shoes
The judges were racist
I wasn't feeling right
I didn't take the fight seriously

Ali on his loss to Frazier

I was wearing tassles on my shoes
The judges were racist
I wasn't feeling right
I didn't take the fight seriously

Ali on his loss to Frazier

Thought this was the straight out of compton soundtrack for a moment.

I thought the way he brought them all back in The Companions was great. I love that Regis isn't useless anymore. I was getting tired of Dahlia ****iness anyway. Hopefully we get Drizzt vs Tiago Banre in the next book. Their aerial battle atop the dragons in the last book took my breathe away. Salvatore is a great writer. Keeping a character relevant and interesting after 24 books really is impressive.

He brought them back in a rather unique way that's for sure. Glad that at least some time and effort went into bringing them back unlike what happened with Wulfgar before. I'm only about halfway through the Companions, so I haven't got to that fight scene yet. And yeah, Salvatore is pretty tremendous as a fantasy writer. I`m not a Drizzt fan, but pretty much like every other one of his main characters with Entreri & Jarlaxle leading the way. I didn`t mind Dahlia at all either. One of the best things about Salvatore`s writing is that he limits any reliance on magic unlike some other well known authors for the setting (yes Greenwood, I`m looking at you). Big points from me for that.

Even if we take your biased pov and assume Pac was completely lying and went and had surgery for nothing.. and threw his all time lowest number of punches ever..just for fun

even if we do that, it's still a long shot from the "worst ever"..lol.. there has been numerous fighters that claimed having sex lead to weakness.. that's worse don't ya think?

Nope. If you look at the history of boxing objectively, both film and radio, even text---every medium we have available, it's pretty clear...
Pac's the worst ever.

I never thought injuries were that weird an excuse. They're excuses, but pretty straight forward ones with more legitimacy than most.

Didn't Pac's mom say something about him losing to Bradley because of his conversion from Catholicism to Evangilism?

I never thought injuries were that weird an excuse. They're excuses, but pretty straight forward ones with more legitimacy than most.

Didn't Pac's mom say something about him losing to Bradley because of his conversion from Catholicism to Evangilism?

The only injury excuses that deserve mention are the ones with funny circumstances surrounding them, like Bradley getting injured because he went sockless to mimic Tyson (who always wore socks), and Tyson's "broken" back.

Yeah, Pac's mom is convinced he started losing because he stopped being Catholic, which is pretty hilarious. It's even funnier because she goes backstage before the fights to say Catholic prayers over him, then she sits ringside with catholic prayer cards. All of it clearly annoys him. We were cracking up before the Algieri fight because it showed her praying over him backstage and he pulled away and gave her that, "MOMMMM stop you're embarrassing me," look.

I'm pretty sure Manny thinks his mom is crazy as hell.

The only injury excuses that deserve mention are the ones with funny circumstances surrounding them, like Bradley getting injured because he went sockless to mimic Tyson (who always wore socks), and Tyson's "broken" back.

Yeah, Pac's mom is convinced he started losing because he stopped being Catholic, which is pretty hilarious. It's even funnier because she goes backstage before the fights to say Catholic prayers over him, then she sits ringside with catholic prayer cards. All of it clearly annoys him. We were cracking up before the Algieri fight because it showed her praying over him backstage and he pulled away and gave her that, "MOMMMM stop you're embarrassing me," look.

I'm pretty sure Manny thinks his mom is crazy as hell.

to be fair, it seems like manny's mom IS crazy as hell

it'd be even funnier if Pac converted to Islam (he was born in Mindanao, so he probably knew a lot of Muslims growing up). His mom would probably just go crazy

I do know Duran said in his famous "no mas" fight with Ray that he quit only due to being ill and about to crap his pants in the ring due to diarrhea.

I didn't read this whole thread so this may have been mentioned earlier.

I thought David Haye's broken toe excuse for his meek performance vs wlad was pretty lame

Juanma blaming the referees gambling problems.

Barrera-Jones 1.
Barrera said he lost due to his sister being kidnapped.

Barrera-Jones 1.
Barrera said he lost due to his sister being kidnapped.

Holy shit, if his sister was actually kidnapped I would consider that a very good excuse to be off his game. Definitely fits in the "bizarre" category though.

For the bizarre category - Tim 'Doc' Andersen poisoned by his own promoter ahead of a fight.

Andersen went on to shoot his then ex-promoter dead.

All chronicled in a great book called "The years of the Locust"

Back