Most bizarre refereeing in a fight?

I'm pretty sure Herb Dean actually called the Cerrone/Masvidal fight off right at the end horn for the RD1 and then realized it was just at the horn and pretended he was just calling the round and let it continue.

Didn't Miragliotta shove a guy out of mid air while he was running to throw a flying knee?? Can't find the gif to save my life

Not bizarre, but Herb is a disgrace. Corrupt, or incompetent.

Didn't Miragliotta shove a guy out of mid air while he was running to throw a flying knee?? Can't find the gif to save my life

Yes that was Gono, though the round did end in his defense

a3pbhd.gif

Telling Nelson to improve position while he's working for a Kimura in side mount on Arlovski. Then standing them up from side mount. It was fucking crazy.

Last edited:
I remember Herb Dean threatening to take a point away from Teymour against Drakar Klose because Teymour was counter fighting, Klose got frustrated and just stood there doing nothing but saying come brawl with me. Herb definitely slipped off a lot. That was a weird one.

You're a legend. Ahhh so not actually anything wrong, but a weird sight to behold!

Lol agreed - at the time Mirgliotta was creating a new meme every fucking fight he reffed. Pretty shocking that he developed into a decent ref IMO, he was one of the worst ever when he first showed up.

Wand/Hunt was the most blatant fixed reffing I can recall seeing. Hunt got whooped. Pride wanted wanderlei gone at that point
I don't recall the reffing being an issue but I did question the judging. Seemed like they didn't give Wand the proper points for being at such an enormous size disadvantage (an official Pride judging criterion)

One of the many weirdnesses of Werdum-Browne 2 was the ref 1) letting Browne call his own timeout and 2) letting Browne's corner reset his broken finger and then continuing the fight, when it should have been called off and declared a TKO.

I don't recall the reffing being an issue but I did question the judging. Seemed like they didn't give Wand the proper points for being at such an enormous size disadvantage (an official Pride judging criterion)

Not only that, but hunt got his ass kicked! Wanderlei clearly won that fight, it was one of the worst robberies in mma history & altered Wands career, he was never the same after that bullshit

Wanderlei was never loved by Japanese fans. Hunt was a megastar there, they definitely wanted to give him the “rub” that night & going forward. I think they expected Hunt to destroy him, and when Hunt lost the fight, they were probably like “Fuck it, let him win anyways”

Back