Most beloved UFC Champ?

Honestly OP, based on his PPV sales over his career, GSP probably has more fans than anyone....ever.

Honestly OP, based on his PPV sales over his career, GSP probably has more fans than anyone....ever.
Yes GSP has/had a lot of fans, but he also got a lot of flack for not finishing fights, fighting safe etc.

My vote doesn't count as I am Randy's biggest nuthugger on this board.

I am so far gone, I can't fathom the crap that guy takes!

In NCAA basketball they have an RPI index & strength of schedule index. If you applied that to MMA Randy has to be the #1 by far.

Everyone is screaming about JBJ not going to HW to take on 240ish Cain. Randy went from LHW to HW to face a 6'8" champion that cut to make 265! ZERO CREDIT!

Yes GSP has/had a lot of fans, but he also got a lot of flack for not finishing fights, fighting safe etc.

Look, you can't say look how beloved Randy is and somehow elevate him over a guy with twice as many fans. :icon_chee

Ones that don't last very long as champs. If they're dominant, they have haters

Large scale I'll go with St Pierre.

A segment of Sherdog hated him, but the general people loved that dude and always ate his fights up.

Chuck

Though I'm not a fan

Based on PPV sales and the chant, I'd go with St-Pierre.

Look, you can't say look how beloved Randy is and somehow elevate him over a guy with twice as many fans. :icon_chee
Well when you are talking about how beloved someone is you also have to take their haters into consideration. Randy has fewer hardcore fans than GSP but he also has a lot less haters.

Well when you are talking about how beloved someone is you also have to take their haters into consideration. Randy has fewer hardcore fans than GSP but he also has a lot less haters.

In that case for most beloved I would say Robbie Lawler. Think about it. Have you ever heard so much as 1 person say something bad about Robbie Lawler?

In that case for most beloved I would say Robbie Lawler. Think about it. Have you ever heard so much as 1 person say something bad about Robbie Lawler?
You might be correct.

Back