Most beloved UFC Champ?

Penn got a bunch of hate. He may be the champ that split fan opinions more then anyone

He did, and I actually dislike him myself. Yet I'm still inclined to say he's one of the more beloved champs just because his fan base was particularly devoted to him through thick and thin.

He did, and I actually dislike him myself. Yet I'm still inclined to say he's one of the more beloved champs just because his fan base was particularly devoted to him through thick and thin.

Well if thats the case then GSP is the answer

Well if thats the case then GSP is the answer

Think so? I honestly feel like, at least on American MMA forums, GSP really lost a ton of fans when he started getting decision after decision. I think it's pretty noticeable, actually. On the flip side, BJ Penn's fans didn't really seem to care if he lost or showed up fat over and over.

GSP or Couture.

It's almost scary how loud the crowd is in favor of Couture vs Tim Sylvia.

We all loved JDS... respectful guy, KO artist and never ducked a fight.

Couture is the obvious #1 in my book...

My second pick, just because I like him (even tho I know he had a lot of hate) would be Matt Hughes. A lot thought he was a prick, but I always seemed to like him and his style for some reason.

Couture and Liddell are it.

Small sections of internet haters are not relevant, those 2 were the most beloved they've ever had.

Think so? I honestly feel like, at least on American MMA forums, GSP really lost a ton of fans when he started getting decision after decision. I think it's pretty noticeable, actually. On the flip side, BJ Penn's fans didn't really seem to care if he lost or showed up fat over and over.

Oh we cared, we just always held out hope.

I don't know too many people that talked poorly of Rich Franklin!

Looking through the answers, I was surprised that I forgot about Rich Franklin. He's one of the most well liked fighters of all time.

^^^^Agreed.

Liddell and Couture.

This...

It was kind of hard hearing Rogan call Randy's later matches... The guy didn't even try to hide his mancrush for Couture. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had his pants around his ankles and his hand on his junk when he was calling the Gonzaga and Sylvia fights.

Judging from tonight's posts I'd go with BJ.

Franklin and Arlovski.

Honestly I was never a fan of Randy, so I guess I'm bias.

Everyone loved that Chocolate L

Matt Hughes, maybe?

Bas Rutten

Back