Most beloved UFC Champ?

Chuck immediatley popped into my head

Rich Franklin was fairly well liked by all

EDIT:

Now I'd say Robbie... Pettis and Cain are well liked but I guess I see a lot of people complaining about the long injury layoffs, so take that for what it's worth

I don't know how most people feel about TJ, but he seems likeable to me

Shogun. The only haters he had were the people who hated him for his nuthuggers.

Looking through the answers, I was surprised that I forgot about Rich Franklin. He's one of the most well liked fighters of all time.

When Randy tooled Timmeh for 5 rounds Sherdog literally blew up. How can you not have loved The Natural back in his day?

Werdum is really well liked.

Your memory needs a little tune-up (no offense), Chuck got a TON of hate for his constant eye poking back then. That's not to say he wasn't mostly beloved, but he definitely had his fair of haters.

I think OP probably got it correct with Couture and BJ Penn. They had undying support even in their losses, which says a lot about the kind of charisma they have when you consider basically everyone's fan base resets as soon as they lose. Even Anderson Silva was suddenly shit in the minds of your average MMA fan after just one loss.

Penn got a bunch of hate. He may be the champ that split fan opinions more then anyone

Tito was also one of the most loved. I used to catch the cards at a local bar and Tito had a bloody army. They loved his antics.

my choice would be Couture

Back