Most Bad Ass Fighters In Each Weight Class

Because you can't be badass and whiny at the same time. i.e. Cormier and Rockhold

Luke Rockhold and Cormier are unusually whiny? I don't see them as acting entitled or making excuses more so than some of the other guys who have been featured, for example Dan Henderson or Jon Jones. If that is enough to disqualify Rockhold, it is clearly enough to disqualify Jon Jones, the Diaz brothers and even Frankie Edgar.

Mark Hunt, Cain Velasquez
Jon Jones, Dan Henderson
Chris Weidman, Lyoto Machida
Matt Brown, Carlos Condit, Chris Lytle, Robbie Lawler
Frankie Edgar
Jose Aldo
Renan Barao

I cant believe two pages and nobody has mentioned Lombard at WW or MW.

That guy is easily the most bad ass dude in the UFC

I cant believe two pages and nobody has mentioned Lombard at WW or MW.

That guy is easily the most bad ass dude in the UFC

At the moment I am inclined to choose Yoel Romero over Lombard if I was gonna choose either one of them. We'll see if this changes after both have had a couple more matches.

Why do you think Rockhold is whiny?

I know, seriously. I follow this place sort of regularly and have seen nothing that puts Rockhold on the same planet as, say, the Diaz brothers in terms of being overly whiny. I would have to see proof of this, a link of some sort.

HW: Werdum
LHW: Gus
MW: Anderson, Wand
WW: Nick
LW: Nate
FW: BJ (he is a FW now, although he never fought in that weightclass)
BW: Barao

Luke Rockhold and Cormier are unusually whiny? I don't see them as acting entitled or making excuses more so than some of the other guys who have been featured, for example Dan Henderson or Jon Jones. If that is enough to disqualify Rockhold, it is clearly enough to disqualify Jon Jones, the Diaz brothers and even Frankie Edgar.

Rockhold got knocked out by Vitor so when was he this bad ass and Cormier has not done enough at LHW to even be put in that class. Cormier can be badder than other LHW's when he actually beats elites at LHW which Cormier has not done, and Cormier can be whinny and entitled.

Cain himself has been rocked by Kongo so that could possibly exclude anyone who has been wobbled by a good number of fighters that the other champions have not. In reality this is just a who is your favorite fighters list.

You cant be badder than a fighter you lost too or one that can actually kick your ass. Many of the names that I am reading would get their behinds kicked effortlessly by the champions in each division.

The bottom line is you cant be badder than someone who can kick your ass, its impossible.

Last edited:
Women`s BW: Ronda Rousey, Cat Zingano, Lauren Murphy....not just a sport to these women. Even if there was no MMA, they would still have a job that allowed them to beat people (bouncer, prison guard, etc.)

Jarl

HW: Cain V.
LHW: Alex "The Mauler" G.
MW: Chris "Superman" Weidman (honorable mention of Luke "Take 1 for the Team" Rockhold)
WW: Amagov (honorable mention of Rory MacDonald)
LW: Pettis or Khabib
FW: "The Notorious" Conor McGregor
BW: Barao
FLW: Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson

Alexander Gustafsson is probably the most bad ass of them all. He's a former bouncer, shootfighter, amateur national boxing champ, a former thug (according to most haters), a hardened ex-con for kicking ass & taking names on the streetz & of course now well known for kicking Jones' ass all over the octagon for 25 minutes of personal pain & suffering. He's also a viking and a farm boy too. Amazing fucking creds and claim for THE BA title.

Last edited:
I know, seriously. I follow this place sort of regularly and have seen nothing that puts Rockhold on the same planet as, say, the Diaz brothers in terms of being overly whiny. I would have to see proof of this, a link of some sort.

The Vitor situation. He doesn't act as badass as well imo. I'm talking of it outside the cage though, I was rewatching the Vitor fight the other day and the dude wasn't KO'd by that brutal kick, that is impressive as hell.

Diaz bros are completely disqualified lol

hw- cain (got the nod over JDS for me when he stepped up on JDS' pre-fight pose during their 3rd fight)
lhw- hendo
mw- weidman
ww- condit
lw- pettis
fw- edgar
bw- barao

SMH, seeing Fabio at lhw makes me laugh my ass off. I might give you Hendo, but over Jon M'fing GOAT Jones I don't think so. Name me 1 other fighter who dares to stand and strike with strikers, wrestle with wrestlers and grapple with grapplers! Like he actually seeks it and tries to beat them in their game. That's what true bad asses do, they try to do what you do best better than you, fuk outta here with that Maldonado ish.

brandao, dennis bermudez
barao
cub swanson
jim miller, cerrone, nate diaz, gilbert melendez, lauzon
matt brown, nick diaz, josh neer, condit
anderson silva
Jon Jones, hendo
barnett, roy nelson

Ive gotta see this as the guys Id least want to fight

Hw-aleks emelianenko-the man actually looks like hed kill you
Lhw-thiago silva-looks like he should be beating people down for protection money, not legitimitely competing in a sport
Mw-anderson-nothing can be worse than a guy walking towards you with his hands down conpletely sure theres fuck all you can do about it
Ww-Palhares-just because the fights over doesnt mean he'll stop, tapping is a sign of aggression

Overeem
Jones
Weidman
Michael Page
Michael Chandler
Chad Mendes
Gargoyle
Joseph Benavedez

JDS
Jones
Vitor
Lawler