Most awkward moments ever with the parents in law

How did you marry her lol........

Was a tough decision man, no doubt. But I did love her, and wasn't absolutely positive she had cheated on me. And you can't call off a fucking wedding last minute, and expect to go back to just dating, or anything. It would have been OVER. For good.

Idk, went through some hell with her, but also had some really great times.

Oh and did I mention I got deployed (with only 8 hours notice) to Kuwait in January of 03 (right before the war started)? It was just a couple weeks after we got married. That also was a factor in staying married as long as we did. If I hadn't gotten deployed, we probably would've divorced in like one month.

And holy shit I went through hell over there, mentally. I worked on aircraft, wasn't a soldier or anything, but was 30 km from the Iraqi border, and when it started officially, they started shooting missiles at us, and I really didn't know if I was gonna be dead at any time. We were so close to the border than EVERY time they picked up an enemy missile launch on radar, we had to take cover. So for 3 solid weeks we all lived in full MOPP 4 chem gear, and had to take cover every fucking 15 minutes...all day and night. Couldn't shower, couldn't sleep, it sucked.

Anyway, just imagine what I pictured her doing while I was over there. In my mind, dude was gorilla fucking my wife and laughing. And I'm sweatin my sack off in chem gear wondering if I'm 'bout to be blown up. lol I had headphones and listened to nothing but System of a Down during that period, so I stayed pissed off, amped up, and emotionally numb.

Fuck I just rambled a lot. I digress

I want to drink with 'nugget and sing Garth Brooks Friends In Low Places.

We've had restraining orders against my wife's mother, had the hag arrested, and almost got the hag fired.

Awkward doesn't quite do it, fellas.

I remember when my gf was moving in with me. I was helping her pack her stuff at her parents. She had asked me to put her dirty clothes separate. With a girl it's hard to know what's dirty or not. So I was just going by what smelled like strawberry's and what didn't. So as I was innocently smelling her clothes, her mother walked in right as I was doing it. And out of her clothes, it had to be her effing running shorts.

I remember her just saying "oh..sorry".

Story. Tell it.
My father in law had just got out of doing 2 years in a Florida prison and had to come live with us till he could get back on his feet. He is a problem drinker and has to have a problem with someone every time he has a couple drinks. He had no job, car, clothes, anything. One night he had a few drinks and decided to start shit with me and had the nerve to call me lazy (I'm the only person with a job in my house.) because I didn't do much around the house (which I did, I just did them differently then him, but fuck him its my house.) I said "Fuck you you piece of shit if you wanna be like that fuck off." Then he called me a pussy and said "All your doing is talking." Thats when I thought "Now I GOTTA do some thing." So I walked over a punched him in the eye. We were punching it out and I tripped him to the ground and let loose with kicks to the face. It was over after that. I ended up with a black eye he ended up with 2 and a scar that will never go away.

Last edited:
Was a tough decision man, no doubt. But I did love her, and wasn't absolutely positive she had cheated on me. And you can't call off a fucking wedding last minute, and expect to go back to just dating, or anything. It would have been OVER. For good.

Oh and did I mention I got deployed (with only 8 hours notice) to Kuwait in January of 03 (right before the war started)? It was just a couple weeks after we got married. That also was a factor in staying married as long as we did. If I hadn't gotten deployed, we probably would've divorced in like one month.

And holy shit I went through hell over there, mentally. I worked on aircraft, wasn't a soldier or anything, but was 30 km from the Iraqi border, and when it started officially, they started shooting missiles at us, and I really didn't know if I was gonna be dead at any time. We were so close to the border than EVERY time they picked up an enemy missile launch on radar, we had to take cover. So for 3 solid weeks we all lived in full MOPP 4 chem gear, and had to take cover every fucking 15 minutes...all day and night. Couldn't shower, couldn't sleep, it sucked.

Anyway, just imagine what I pictured her doing while I was over there. In my mind, dude was gorilla fucking my wife and laughing. And I'm sweatin my sack off in chem gear wondering if I'm 'bout to be blown up. lol I had headphones and listened to nothing but System of a Down during that period, so I stayed pissed off, amped up, and emotionally numb.

Would have been a deal breaker for me

Sounds like Jarhead.

That's rough, though. Glad you made it back.

I want to drink with 'nugget and sing Garth Brooks Friends In Low Places.

haha no, would be more like listening to Dropkick Murphy's and bouncing around the room.

Would have been a deal breaker for me

Very nearly was. And in theory, it's an easy choice. But actually being in that situation was different than you'd think.

Sounds like Jarhead.

That's rough, though. Glad you made it back.

Guess it kinda was. Was a mindfuck for sure. But not anything like the marines and grunts had to deal with. So I really can't complain lol.

Last night my mom and i r driving home from my grandmas and my mom asks to go to my girlfriends house to meet her parents. We have been dating for 4+ years and lived together for 2 but they hadn't formally met. My mom knew my gf was home for xmas so she wanted.to go over. Im cool with all of then meeting but normally i would need.to mentally prep,are my self for a few hours for such a meeting. It went fine tho

After hanging out and drinking all night with my girlfriend and her sisters and mom, drunkenly grinded with at a club -- unbeknownst to me -- my girlfriend's mom. Then her commenting to me that my dick was bigger than her ex-husband's.

not really awkward for me but my girls mother has phoned me many a time threatening to kick my ass. shes an alco so i usually brush it off and put it down to her drinking

Back