Most avoided fighters in UFC

U forgot the top one: Mairbek Taisumov.
fair enough : that guy Taisumov looks great. LOTS of fights too and hasn't lost in 4.5years.

One more name : Alexander Volkanovski.
Aussie dude, 18-1, I doubt a lot of 145lbs-ers are rushing to fight him.

In WW division the most avoided fighter is Santiago Ponzinibbio, most fighters in the the top 10 are ducking him, the only ones with balls big enough to face him were Magny and Usman. The rest does not want to lock horns with him. (Till asked to fight Ponz but UFC preferred to give him Cerrone)

The way Curtis Blayds is improving I think he is going to find top names less willing to face him.

Yeah the Dagestanis are hard-core. I can certainly see Islam Makachev (155lbs, buddy of Khabib) falling into the "nah don't wanna fight that dude" category.

-- He is a very promising fighter, 16-1, had 6 UFC fights and only lost 1 of them, and he has some of the best mentors in Khabib and Cormier (he trains at AKA some of the time).
Yeah, Makhachev is certainly a future contender and could probably beat most top 5 fighters right now. He reminds me of Khabib but with better hands and power. I think his hands are better because he switched to AKA when he was much earlier, and as such, he was able to absorb more as he was so young. It's like when you are before 24, you can make much more progress vs learning a new skill later. Its also worth noting that he beat Zabit in the amateurs.

On the women's side it's clearly Cyborg. There is no debate here.

For the men, up to the Miocic fight it was probably Ngannou in terms of actually avoiding the fighter.

For me, it would be Khabib or Hendricks since they will likely miss weight or get injured thus costing you the payday.

gillespie... he is an elite wrestler and undefeated
I think that's the reason is not currently scheduled

Only woman not scared of Cyborg is Holly. Just saying.

Gaethje? Really? People would line up to take that fight. Not because it is an easy fight but because it will be a war and help gain some publicity one way or the other.

Back in the day it was Fitch. He was going to take you down, sap your will to fight, and never get a title shot from it.

That shot on Palomino was disgusting, Just Bleed Gaethje. Love you dude.

At this point I think Gaethje and Romero are the most avoided fighters in the UFC, When fighters sign on the dotted line they know they're not leaving the cage without injury.

Actually the most avoided fighters are the guys on the bottom of the list. Fighters want either someone higher ranked than them (ie a stepping stone up the ladder), or a big payday. Guys just barely in the UFC (either just in or on the way out) provide neither, so no one wants to fight them.

There are guys who want to fight Gaethje and Romero, but they're lower guys on the ladder, and Gaethje and Romero don't want to fight those guys because beating them gets them no closer to a title fight or a payday, while even a low percentage loss will hurt their chances for a big payday.

Cyborg is clearly the most avoided. To be fair there is no one in her division, and she outweighs most of the BW by 20-30lbs.

People in lower weight divisions not wanting to fight you isn't usually considered being avoided - unless you mean that everyone in the UFC is avoiding fighting HW's, which would make the most avoided folks the HW's, especially low ranked HW's, since every WW, MW, and LHW who cuts from above 205 is avoiding them.

People in lower weight divisions not wanting to fight you isn't usually considered being avoided - unless you mean that everyone in the UFC is avoiding fighting HW's, which would make the most avoided folks the HW's, especially low ranked HW's, since every WW, MW, and LHW who cuts from above 205 is avoiding them.

Did you read my post? I thought it was obvious that’s what I was saying. Cyborg did have someone decide to be stripped of the wFW title instead of fighting her though. Up until Colby that had never happened before that I recall.

Back