Most avoided fighters in UFC

whom? GDR or Cyborg?
I agree about GDR (if the ref would step up and deduct points for blatantly hitting after the belt twice)...
But the real terrible decision was UFC's for not waiting a month and setting the inaugural fight between Holm & Cyborg.... that was the real shame IMHO.
For everyone knows that division was built for Cyborg. Made no sense having two other fighters fighting for that belt...
I like ur nietzsche qoute in the bio!

CM Punk
Mike Jackson
Artem Lobov
FShasc6.jpg

Volkov in the HW division. He can't buy a fight in the UFC since coming here two years ago! The first two UFC fighters that they did give Alexander were both sent out of the UFC upon losing to him. Third he gets an unranked Stephan Struve. He was active in the UFC in the HW division (ALMOST UNHEARD OF, UNDEFEATED in the UFC and took two years to get a ranked fighter! WTF? Bellator offered him better competition BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He would have to pick off the top 15 UFC HW's one by one long before the UFC gave him a seriously significant fight to put him into title contention.

People don't avoid gaethje, hes had a bunch of money fights, when you lose 2 in a row you get someone like Vick. Cyborg is by far the most avoided, a women lost her title from avoiding her.

People don't avoid gaethje, hes had a bunch of money fights, when you lose 2 in a row you get someone like Vick. Cyborg is by far the most avoided, a women lost her title from avoiding her.
How you are avoided when there are like 3 girls in your division and all you are fighting are 135-ers ?

Came here to say this. Nobody wants to fight Usman. He's not holding a belt, not famous enough to raise your stock, he's going to beat you, it probably won't be exciting, and he'll make you look bad in there. There is very little upside to that fight for anybody.

I agree with Romero, what about pre-title John Jones? I remember Griffin saying he wouldn't take the fight, and than there is the Rashad thing

Pretty much anyone from Dagestan: they are ranked lower then you, no one can pronounce their name and if you lose (which is likely), you will get absolutely mauled.

Jorge Masvidals been trying to get a fight for a while now.

Cyborg

Paulo Costa is an exception, i'm saying they're wars 90% of the time,
so you have an opinion that cannot be supported with facts.

which is fine. but you may want to at least acknowledge it, to yourself at least.

cheers.

Cyborg is clearly the most avoided. To be fair there is no one in her division, and she outweighs most of the BW by 20-30lbs.

is this true, or is it something you think should be true?

Justin has fought 4x in 14 months in the UFC. at least 3 of them took the fight gladly.

Romero just signed a fight his opponent specifically asked for, and when he pulled out, the opponent is blasting him in media for not fighting. which is kinda the opposite of what you're suggesting.

i agree with the above poster: Cyborg. in men's mma, i have no idea. no contemporary fighter comes to mind (though AO in 2009 / Ubereem certainly comes to mind)
Yoel has no problem fighting Costa, the fight just git pushed to a later date.

Palhares is probably the GOAT at this. Fighting him can ruin your career in one fight with good odds of doing it.

Zabit for men, Cyborg for women.
Yair refused to fight him, got cut, had to beg for his contract back, and now is questionably injured, essentially throwing away a year of his career just to avoid Sharapova.
Cyborg, well, when multiple dominant champions duck you, join the WWE, and even go as far as relinquishing their titles...

Pretty much anyone from Dagestan: they are ranked lower then you, no one can pronounce their name and if you lose (which is likely), you will get absolutely mauled.
Yeah the Dagestanis are hard-core. I can certainly see Islam Makachev (155lbs, buddy of Khabib) falling into the "nah don't wanna fight that dude" category.

-- He is a very promising fighter, 16-1, had 6 UFC fights and only lost 1 of them, and he has some of the best mentors in Khabib and Cormier (he trains at AKA some of the time).

Back