Most athletic African country?

How athlectic do you have to be to be in a bobsled team ?

South Africa is a sports crazed country. When they entered the Olymipics again in 1992 it was believed that they would be come a sporting power. Hasn't happened.

I'll say this, Wayde Van Niekerk is one of the most phenomenal athletes I've ever seen. Only person in history to run sub 10sec, sub 20 sec and sub 44sec (and he came within a cunt hair of running sub 43 sec!!!).

Nigeria also have a semi-decent women's wrestling team. They got a silver and a few bronze medals at last year's worlds.

I know there's studies on Kenyans, their genetics have given them insane running ability. They're not the most explosive though, they're sonic.

Just a little disclaimer I am not trying to make this about race or anything like that. Its not my intention to offend anyone. I'm just interested in this subject. I've done a lot of research on Scandinavian success in the Olympics (if you take into account their population compared to other countries) and have been obsessed with athletes from around the Caucasus region and their success in combat sports with guys like Khabib, Zabit, Artur Beterbiev etc. Also Cubans, Ukrainians and Kazakhs in Amateur boxing.

Kenya and Ethiopia have a lot of long distance runners but when it comes to overall athleticism I think the majority will agree with west africa but what countries specifically do you think have the most naturally athletic people based off African athletes you see in sports. Now days there are a lot of African athletes in Basketball, Football, soccer, boxing and MMA.

a lot of those african athletes in Murkan pro team sports are African Murkans, or from Carribean, which means, their great, great, great, great etc etc, grandmas got raped by white men, and their descendents have those genes, so not totally african anymore.

West Africans = Stronger, bigger and faster. Competes in sprinting, ball and combat sports.

East Africans (Ethiopians, Kenyans, Somalians and Eritreans) = Skinny AF but better endurance. Competes in Marathons only.

Countries in Southern Africa produce nothing.

I think Nigerians are also great salesman. In the car business the most beloved deal is the Nigerian Car sale. That’s when you take a customers trade and sell it right back to them.

even in America, blacks are shorter than whites on average. The typical African is short yet we tend to think of them as tall because the highly publicized ones (athletes) come from tall subgroups. IIRC South African blacks are also shorter than west African Bantus, while the whites come from genetically large Dutch migrants.
According to the data I've seen, black Americans are the same height as white Americans, however Asian Americans, Latino Americans and Mexican Americans are all shorter. I would agree about the rest, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height_around_the_world

Back