A Silva and GSP s fights were at another anticipation level

Reem vs. Brock!
Silva vs. Weidman 2

Was hyped as fuck for

DC/Jones
Silva/Sonnen 2
Shogun/Machida 2
Lesnar/Reem

And I don't remember what else, but I do remember that I've been hyped quite a few times in the past over fights. Fedor fights come to mind, and I'm sure many more that I don't remember.

GSP vs Penn 2
Jones vs DC
Silva vs Sonnen 2
Silva vs Weidman 2
GSP vs Diaz
Aldo vs McGregor

Silva vs Sonnen I & II
Cruz vs Mizugaki
St-Pierre vs Shields/Hendricks
Dos Santos vs Overeem
Jones vs Cormier/Gustafsson
Lesnar vs Carwin

Silva vs Sonnen I & II
Cruz vs Mizugaki
St-Pierre vs Shields/Hendricks
Dos Santos vs Overeem
Jones vs Cormier/Gustafsson
Lesnar vs Carwin

Shaquille-O-Neal-laugh.gif

Three years, man!!!

I was certainly looking forward to it and was jumping around the room during the finish. Deserving a mention in a "most anticipated UFC fight of all time" thread is a bit of a stretch tho

I was certainly looking forward to it and was jumping around the room during the finish. Deserving a mention in a "most anticipated UFC fight of all time" thread is a bit of a stretch tho

I just did mine as for me personally. General consensus, it's most likely not on there.

Results aside ...

I was hyped AF for Toney vs Couture. I was hoping to see Couture get starched with combos or how he would take Toney's hardest punch.

Probably the biggest let down of a fight ever.

Results aside ...

I was hyped AF for Toney vs Couture. I was hoping to see Couture get starched with combos or how he would take Toney's hardest punch.

Probably the biggest let down of a fight ever.

Biggest letdown ever for me was easily MacDonald vs Ellenberger. I went in fully expecting FOTY(for some reason...) & it came out being one of the worst i've ever seen. Just awful.

Biggest letdown ever for me was easily MacDonald vs Ellenberger. I went in fully expecting FOTY(for some reason...) & it came out being one of the worst i've ever seen. Just awful.

I had a lot of hope for Ellenberger at the beginning of his career but he has let me down too many times.

Don't know about UFC, but my most anticipated fight ever is Fedor vs. Igor Vov pissed drunk with vodka in a bar brawl. In their 50s.

For anticipation, nothing will match Silva Sonnen 2 for me

Fight didn't really pan out, but sheer hype and marking that date on my calendar and getting giddy as a school girl as it approached oh god yes

I remember being super excited for Brock Lesnar - Randy Couture for the heavyweight title. This is when Brock was coming off the win over Herring and was still a bit of an unknown, and Randy was the champion looking great having beaten Timmy S & stopped Gonzaga.

GSP vs Hughes II

Machida vs Shogun I

Mir vs Brock I

and huge props for a fight coming up that Ive waited years and the most anticipated fight in the next Cpl months.

Mir vs AA

Mir is gonna take it

silva/weidman 1. was so worried this fight would not go down, soares was doing everything he could to get a different match up.

Back