most amount of days I should be training BJJ?

I still think anybody who trains more than 7 days a week is fucking nuts.

The problem I have is on the "off" days I feel like I am slacking for not training. Even though I know my body needs the rest, it's so hard to not train at all one day. I usually take Sunday off completely, no training of any kind, and I am so ready for class the next day it's like Christmas.

My instructor had a nice way of toning us back last night.... We got across from one another and just cycled through with one person keeping time, and did three minute rounds, then shifted one to the left. Catch was that you weren't allowed to go for subs for the first round, and he threw one in whne we got back around, too. It was nice, since a lot of us went to the one hour beginners class before the regular one.

That's a big plus, too. If there's a beginner's class available, and you have the time, hit that first. Sure, that's going 2.5 hours a night, but the first class is usually light and ALL technique... Last night was primarily just dealing with the clock choke, three defenses and three counters to the defense, and then an armbar to hit from the bottom while the guy was going for it. Good stuff.

trfcrugby said:
The problem I have is on the "off" days I feel like I am slacking for not training. Even though I know my body needs the rest, it's so hard to not train at all one day. I usually take Sunday off completely, no training of any kind, and I am so ready for class the next day it's like Christmas.

Just take some time to stretch or do light calisthenics/body weight exercises on your off day. It'll pay off.

Stoic1 said:

...and anybody taking more than 7 days a week to heal/rest is brain damaged.

I've heard of people training more than 7 days a week, but I think its impossible. The human body simply cannot do it.

If you are being serious, I suspect you are using a different definition of 'day'. I thought you were joking.

Do you know anyone who trains more than 7 days a week?

Stoic1 said:

I tend to try to pace myself... i go in maybe once a month. Maybe once a week if I decide to push myself.

I can't believe you pussies train less than 8 days a week. How do you expect to improve?
Fucking slackarses!

I am LOLing at how dumb some of the people in here are that dont quite get the humor.

if i was one of those people mentioned ^^^, I got it... sarcasm isn't always my specialty.

My first response to Stoic was an attempt to following up on his humour with some of my own. When he responded, I wasn't so sure he had intended it as humour. When you add in the fact that I have spoken with somebody using an odd definition of day in this context (he claimed to train 7 days a week. I asked him where on Sunday and he said he rested. After a WTF? I found out he was using days for classes...weird).

TheHighlander said:
When you add in the fact that I have spoken with somebody using an odd definition of day in this context (he claimed to train 7 days a week. I asked him where on Sunday and he said he rested. After a WTF? I found out he was using days for classes...weird).
I use days to represent years. I meant if you don't train more than 7 times a year you're a pussy. What vthe hell do you guys mean when u say days?

Back