**Most Accomplished TUF Fighters Ever**

Seriously, wheres Roy? 5-3 in the UFC HW division. Most HWs dont fight 8 times in the UFC. Beat Schaub, Struve, Crocop, Herman and Matrione. Lost to Mir, JDS and Werdum. That's pretty impressive imo.

You think hes better than Koscheck 15-6 UFC, or Kenny 12-5 UFC? Both have challenged for titles.

The rest of the top 5 are guys that have held UFC gold. So sorry no there's no room for Roy right now in the top 5.

**I said TUF WINNERS in the Title, not what i meant, Just most accomplished TUF contestants Ever in the UFC. Sorry about that**

Was wondering what you think the top 5 most accomplished TUF contestants/winners of all time are?

Based on what they accomplished fighting in the UFC.

Here is my top 5.

1. Rashad Evans-UFC Record 12-2-1, Season 2 TUF Winner. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.

*Key Wins-Michael Bisping, Chuck Liddell, Stephan Bonnar, Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Phil Davis.*

2. Forrest Griffin-UFC Record 10-5, Season 1 TUF Winner. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.

*Key Wins-Stephan Bonnar twice, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz twice, Rich Franklin.*

3. Matt Serra-UFC Record 7-7, Season 4 TUF Winner. Former UFC Welterweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.

*Key Wins-Georges St. Pierre, Frank Trigg, Chris Lytle, Ivan Menjivar, Yves Edwards.*

4. Josh Koscheck-UFC Record 15-6, Season 1 TUF contestant, Former UFC Welterweight title challenger. Former TUF Coach.

*Key Wins-Diego Sanchez, Dustin Hazelett, Chris Lytle, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Frank Trigg, Anthony Johnson, Paul Daley, Matt Hughes.*

5. Kenny Florian-UFC Record 12-5, Season 1 TUF contestant. 3 time UFC title challenger.

*Key Wins-Sam Stout, Joe Lauzon, Roger Huerta, Joe Stevenson, Clay Guida, Takanori Gomi, Diego Nunes.*

Guys that were fringe for me, Nate Diaz, Michael Bisping, Gray Maynard, Diego Sanchez.

How would you rank the top 5 as far as accomplishment in the UFC?

I said TUF WINNERS in the Title, not what i meant, Just most accomplished TUF contestants Ever in the UFC. Sorry about that

Pretty much how my list would look like you could flip Kos and Kenny but I would have put koscheck ahead of him too

I agree with you 1-4 but i'd put Roy at 5 over K Flow. He did go 3 rounds with JDS.

Kenny has more top 10 wins and fought his way to the title twice. His third title shot was a bit iffy but he still beat a top 10 guy to get it

Sanchez is close, seeing as how he did beat Florian at the finale (though I think Kenny has had a better career on the whole)

Sanchez was the biggest letdown if you ask me. When he koed Diesel i though he would definitely get the ww belt. He was beasting through everybody and his only lackluster performance was against Alessio. The Koscheck fight was the beginning of a downhill road for Diego. He just couldn't cut it.

I'm thinking Rashad for sure. I wish more Tufs would have multiple future contenders like that Kos, Kenny Florian, Diego Sanchez season. I hate it when season winners like Kendall Grove dont do very well and get cut.

Pretty much how my list would look like you could flip Kos and Kenny but I would have put koscheck ahead of him too

Yeah Kos was more consistent imo, but Kenny challenged for the title 3 times. Close.

Kenny has more top 10 wins and fought his way to the title twice. His third title shot was a bit iffy but he still beat a top 10 guy to get it

I suppose Im looking at the HW division. To me that would be the hardest division to stay competitive in, because of the amount of damage they take each fight.

I'm thinking Rashad for sure. I wish more Tufs would have multiple future contenders like that Kos, Kenny Florian, Diego Sanchez season. I hate it when season winners like Kendall Grove dont do very well and get cut.

Yeah i think Season 1 by far had the most success as far as how many guys did well in the UFC. Forrest, Leben. Kenny, Diego, Kos etc.

Most of them are really amateurs despite some having had pro fights. Many are quite one dimensional as well. Look at the recent finale. We were told that Canadian guy was the real deal and he looked like poop.

I suppose Im looking at the HW division. To me that would be the hardest division to stay competitive in, because of the amount of damage they take each fight.

True but Roys wins were over Schuab(Not top 10), Struve (Pretty sure wasn't top 10 when they fought), CC(Solid win but CC was a bit washed up), Herman (Not top 10 i don't think) and Mitrione (Definitely not top 10)

Nothing to write home about really. Kenny wins were much better, same with Kos.

That's a fine list. I'm a big Forrest fan, so I'd love to put him at #1, but I can't. Although he and Rashad have comparable wins, Rashad edges Forrest by having less losses + the fact that he holds a victory over him. Both are two of the most accomplished LHWs of all-time. I have them in my top 10 LHW GOAT list.

I also like the fact that you gave Matt Serra some credit. Although he should always be a big underdog against GSP, he is not the "can" that people make him out to be. The guy arguably beat BJ Penn + fought a very close fight against Matt Hughes. He is a good fighter.

True but Roys wins were over Schuab(Not top 10), Struve (Pretty sure wasn't top 10 when they fought), CC(Solid win but CC was a bit washed up), Herman (Not top 10 i don't think) and Mitrione (Definitely not top 10)

Nothing to write home about really. Kenny wins were much better, same with Kos.

I see what you're saying. Its hard for me to see guys like Serra on the list, even though he deserves to be there. But as long as your reasoning for excluding Roy isnt because hes fat, i'll buy in.

I may put Forrest over Rashad, but that's about all I'd change about the list. And that's a maybe, so you never know.

Good list indeed.

in what way is forrest better or more accomplished than rashad?

his first title shot was just as questionable as his third, imo.

I see what you're saying. Its hard for me to see guys like Serra on the list, even though he deserves to be there. But as long as your reasoning for excluding Roy isnt because hes fat, i'll buy in.

I'm not a fan of Roy, but it has nothing to do with him being fat haha. I don't like his beard but whatever. Like i said i would have him top 10 for sure, but the guys in the top 5 have accomplished a lot more than him imo. Roy and Forrest train together and are friends so he's fine by me.

Serra had a mediocre UFC run, but he also KO'd one of the all time greats of MMA to become the champ. He's gotta be on there.

That's a fine list. I'm a big Forrest fan, so I'd love to put him at #1, but I can't. Although he and Rashad have comparable wins, Rashad edges Forrest by having less losses + the fact that he holds a victory over him. Both are two of the most accomplished LHWs of all-time. I have them in my top 10 LHW GOAT list.

What would your top 10 LHW GOAT list look like? I like Forrest and think he's underrated on here but idk if I'd have him in top 10 LHW GOAT.

Top 10 imo (no order):
1. Shogun
2. Wanderlei
3. Chuck
4. Randy
5. Tito
6. Rampage
7. Rashad
8. Jones
9. Machida
10. Hendo

I guess Forrest can replace Machida idk.

has roy got one top 10 win?? he does beat the mediocre competition and past prime fighters but always loses against top fighters.

Back