**Most Accomplished TUF Fighters Ever**

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
**I said TUF WINNERS in the Title, not what i meant, Just most accomplished TUF contestants Ever in the UFC. Sorry about that**

Was wondering what you think the top 5 most accomplished TUF contestants/winners of all time are?

Based on what they accomplished fighting in the UFC.

Here is my top 5.

1. Rashad Evans-UFC Record 14-3-1, Season 2 TUF Winner. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.
rashad.jpg

*Key Wins-Michael Bisping, Chuck Liddell, Stephan Bonnar, Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Phil Davis, Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen.*

2. Forrest Griffin-UFC Record 10-5, Season 1 TUF Winner. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.
griffinbeltvert.widec.jpg

*Key Wins-Stephan Bonnar x2, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz x2, Rich Franklin.*

3. Matt Serra-UFC Record 7-7, Season 4 TUF Winner. Former UFC Welterweight Champion. Former TUF Coach.
matt-serra.jpg

*Key Wins-Georges St. Pierre, Frank Trigg, Chris Lytle, Ivan Menjivar, Yves Edwards.*

4. Kenny Florian-UFC Record 12-5, Season 1 TUF contestant. 3 time UFC title challenger.
kenny-florian.jpg

*Key Wins-Sam Stout, Joe Lauzon, Roger Huerta, Joe Stevenson, Clay Guida, Takanori Gomi, Diego Nunes.*

5. Nate Diaz-UFC Record 12-7, Season 5 TUF Winner. Former UFC title challenger.
Nate-Diaz-UFC-118.jpg

*Key Wins-Gray Maynard, Donald Cerrone, Takanori Gomi, Jim Miller, Melvin Guillard, Marcus Davis, Manny Gamburyan, Rory Markham, Kurt Pellegrino, Josh Neer.*

Guys that were fringe for me, Josh Koscheck, Michael Bisping, Gray Maynard, Roy Nelson, Diego Sanchez.( Added in Roy because he seemed like a popular choice of the ones i left out.)

How would you rank the top 5 TUF fighters as far as accomplishment in the UFC?

EDIT-I have moved Diaz ahead of Koscheck.

I said TUF WINNERS in the Title, not what i meant, Just most accomplished TUF contestants Ever in the UFC. Sorry about that

Last edited:
rashad or forrest based on resume and title holding, but serra has to be mentioned for doing the impossible.

i often forget, and his recent performances dont always reflect just how much success forrest has had in the ufc.

rashad is always in the conversation regarding top 3 - 5 lhws in the world.

im going with rashad, and i would like to see him fight shogun.

I may put Forrest over Rashad, but that's about all I'd change about the list. And that's a maybe, so you never know.

Good list indeed.

I may put Forrest over Rashad, but that's about all I'd change about the list. And that's a maybe, so you never know.

Good list indeed.

Thanks buddy, yeah that list was actually kinda hard to come up with.

rashad or forrest based on resume and title holding, but serra has to be mentioned for doing the impossible.

i often forget, and his recent performances dont always reflect just how much success forrest has had in the ufc.

For this reason Shad over Forrest. Both have one title fight victory, but Shad has held in there better. Forrest is more important though, as his finally was the most important event in UFC history.

Yeah imo Serra's title win was by far the most impressive compared to Rashad and Forrest, but the rest of his stint was mediocre or worse.

I was just thinking about this the other day. Thanks for putting my thoughts in a coherent form (although I think you should have filled the resumes of 6-10).

I agree with your list. Past champions obviously should lead the list and because Rashad is still in the hunt (I believe he is ranked #2 currently) he deserves top spot. He also won TUF as a HW I believe, which is impressive given he probably should fight at MW. But Griffin, because of what he has meant for the popularity of the UFC, deserves consideration.

Maynard is arguably #5 simply because he fought for the title like Florian, but remains a viable champion. He is currently ranked top 5 and, if he wins, is in line for another title shot.

I agree with that top 5. Sanchez, Stevenson, Bader I thnk would be in top 10.

Also, Dodson most likely will do very well at FLW. Idk if he will ever be champ, but at the least he's getting a title shot, already has a top 10 win and will probably continue to have success

I was just today looking for Dodson fights. He's not top five yet, but well on his way. He gets extra points for knocking Dillashaw silly.

Edited the OP, not just TUF winners, TUF fighters in general is what i meant.

I agree with that top 5. Sanchez, Stevenson, Bader I thnk would be in top 10.

Also, Dodson most likely will do very well at FLW. Idk if he will ever be champ, but at the least he's getting a title shot, already has a top 10 win and will probably continue to have success

Yeah Dodson is on his way, very promising.

Sanchez is close, seeing as how he did beat Florian at the finale (though I think Kenny has had a better career on the whole)

Seriously, wheres Roy? 5-3 in the UFC HW division. Most HWs dont fight 8 times in the UFC. Beat Schaub, Struve, Crocop, Herman and Matrione. Lost to Mir, JDS and Werdum. That's pretty impressive imo.

Completely agree with your list TS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back