Mossberg vs Remington

Zap

It's clobberin' time.
@red
Reaction score
Thinking of getting me a shotgun soon. I'm thinking of the Mossberg 500, 590 or Remington 870. I'm actually leaning towards the 590 at the moment but curious to what my Sherbros have in advice and or experience.

Must haves:
Maximum 18" barrel
Capacity at least 5+1
Black or matte
Pump action

Definitely the most dominant standup art. Maybe we should call it "shoot-fighting"

When this gets moved to the adjacent forum (easy to mistake since it is a subforum of this forum and appears to be the same forum whenever a most recent post is displayed)...

They're both good, reliable.

The Remington feels nicer and better built, and it costs a little more but not expensive, I prefer it. Try holding them both at a store and you'll know which one you want. Also look up some Remington vs Mossberg vids on youtube to show you the minor pros and cons. Either is good but for slightly different reasons.

When this gets moved to the adjacent forum (easy to mistake since it is a subforum of this forum and appears to be the same forum whenever a most recent post is displayed)...

They're both good, reliable.

The Remington feels nicer and better built, and it costs a little more but not expensive, I prefer it. Try holding them both at a store and you'll know which one you want. Also look up some Remington vs Mossberg vids on youtube to show you the minor pros and cons. Either is good but for slightly different reasons.

Absolutely NOT Remington. Remington was taken over by a scheming company not that long ago, since then, the quality control has gone down the shitter, this is what happens when a business group who doesn't know about guns, and only wants to churn in profits, takes over a serious and traditional American business company. Most gun forums will refer to modern remington products as remingshit. Mossberg on the other hand has now completely surpassed Remington in quality, and go for pretty much the same price. It's a no brainer. Though both guns will most likely serve you equally, if you're paying the same price, why not got for the better built one?

Absolutely NOT Remington. Remington was taken over by a scheming company not that long ago, since then, the quality control has gone down the shitter, this is what happens when a business group who doesn't know about guns, and only wants to churn in profits, takes over a serious and traditional American business company. Most gun forums will refer to modern remington products as remingshit. Mossberg on the other hand has now completely surpassed Remington in quality, and go for pretty much the same price. It's a no brainer. Though both guns will most likely serve you equally, if you're paying the same price, why not got for the better built one?

Yeah, I believe you, not gonna argue.

Let's just take what I said and change my references to Remington to refer to previous-to-buy-out-Remington, which is what I have experience with.

Back