Mosley's Best Performances?

Worse than Mundine?
I forgot he fought Mundine, however that was a washed up Mosley, at least Wright beat a younger Mosley, any washed up fighter is going to look like crap against good opposition but I see your point, its not like Mosley lost to a future world champ, Mundine was as over the hill if not probably moreso than Shane.

In boxing, beating Margarito.

In life, whatever he said and did to pull Bella Gonzalez.

bella-gonzalez-21.jpg

From an up-close & personal perspective, I'd have to say that it was against me when I was one of his sparring partners for a day when he was preparing to fight Willie Wise back in early 2000. I was in the midst of what I thought was going to be a comeback but my experience with him convinced me that it was a bad idea. I was hired for two weeks but after 4 rounds with him, it was clear that I had nothing to offer a fighter of his caliber anymore. I was too far past it & my days of being able to hang with the best were over.

Of all the champions & top contenders that I'd been hired to spar with Mosley handled me with the most ease & afterward when he & his people let me know that I wasn't going to be used anymore they were gracious enough to pay me for the full week & they let me hang around camp for a couple of more days before flying back home. It was, of course, pretty humbling but it made me face the reality that I was finished in my thirties.
20200729_180832.jpg

the leija/molina stoppages were impressive but like everyone else said, turning back the clock against margarito was special

Agree on Oscar but his most satisfying was over Margarito. It's one of my favorite fights to re-watch
Same here. After the shady wraps were discovered by Naazim backstage, he just took Marg the fuck apart in style lol

As far as his Prime - De la Hoya 1. That was about as good as it gets. Both guys at their peaks. That fight also showed Oscar's chin - he took some fucking shots that would have ko'd others.

Past his prime --- Margorito for sure - he blasted the hell outta that cheater. Can;t imagine what would would have happened if they had not caught Margo 's trainer loading his wraps.

Back