Mosley/Mora PPV buys?

Steakeater**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys think it'll pass 500,000 buys? The entire card is decent and got some pretty good advertisement

no way they get near 500,000

and the card has two good fighters against has beens, hardly decent.

meh i guess you guys are right. I thoguht diaz/marquez was gonna do 400,000

It won't do well.

The undercard is pretty good by boxing PPV standards... while I don't think Baldomir has anything for Freckles and despite the questions about Ortiz's heart and the unlucky stoppage Harris has in his last bout I think Ortiz blasts through him, Ponce vs Escalante looks to be a war.

But boxing PPV's generally sell on the strength of the main event (Warren's Magnificent 7 may buck the trend... but as of now it's a one-off) and simply put this isn't a great one. Despite his high profile fights and wins Mosley's never been a big draw and Mora's not exactly top shelf material.

I'm looking at 150k... at best really. Anything more then that has to be seen as a huge bonus.

i dont see the card getting that many buys, i think its just a ploy by golden boy to promote its younger fighters and its using an established fighter like mosley to add name recognition to the card. i agree with consortium, these opponents were hand picked in order to let their young stars shine. as for mora vs mosley, the only one that gains anything is mora. mosley gains nothing by beating a guy like mora, but having a name like mosley on mora's record makes him more marketable. maybe just looking to collect one more paycheck before retirement? the only fight i see being competitive is ponce de leon vs escalante.

i dont see the card getting that many buys, i think its just a ploy by golden boy to promote its younger fighters and its using an established fighter like mosley to add name recognition to the card. i agree with consortium, these opponents were hand picked in order to let their young stars shine. as for mora vs mosley, the only one that gains anything is mora. mosley gains nothing by beating a guy like mora, but having a name like mosley on mora's record makes him more marketable. maybe just looking to collect one more paycheck before retirement? the only fight i see being competitive is ponce de leon vs escalante.

I'm not entirely sure about that.

Look at his fight with Luis Collazo in 2006. Does that win do anything for his legacy? No. But at a time when many people were starting to see Mosley as past it and too old to get back down to 147lbs the win (and the nature of it) cemented him as one of the top contenders and in turn led to the bouts with Cotto and Marg.

Right now there are a lot of questions unanswered about Mosley. Did he finally get old against Floyd? Was it ringrust that made him fade after 2 rounds? Is Floyd really that good?

If Mosley can win this (and win it well) it puts him back in the top echelon of fighters around those weight classes and means he can almost guarentee at least one big fight that would add to his legacy.

So in 10 years time is anyone going to look at his record and go "Wow! He beat Mora?" I highly doubt it. But in the short term it gets him a fight where people might say that...

500k?

They can be happy if they reach 100k.

best fights are the saul one and the ponce deleon one

ufc numbers- 7 million.
Reality- 300K

My Prediction, less that 250,000 buys, Moseley is not that big of a draw, and Mora puts most people to sleep.

great under card + crappy headliner = bad sales

you need a good main event to sell. as much as i am interested in alvarez and ortiz i am simply not going to pay 50 to watch them in thier development stage

Back