Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: February 18, 2021

First Official Red-Band Trailer for MORTAL KOMBAT on HBO Max

source.gif

Did anyone else catch what looked like Reptile? I liked most of the trailer but that was underwhelming if that is him.

Also soundtrack wise if they have something planned i doubt they randomly drop it in the trailer.

I'll give them one more trailer for someone to give that "Mortal Kombat" scream.
TBF they might not have the rights to the soundtrack from the first one. It was new line was it not?

Or know that there is a corner of the internet that absolutely loved the first movies soundtrack. But it seems like they should know what's up with the Fandom with the makers of this new one.

I'll give them one more trailer for someone to give that "Mortal Kombat" scream.

Do any trailers really show off music anymore from the actual movie?

I was watching the Godzilla vs Kong trailer again and it has some rap song in it. I doubt that will play in the movie since Junkie XL is doing it.

Is there some kind of rule that they can't play music from the movie until it releases?

Some of the effects look pretty bad.
Scorpion not having the real "GET OVER HERE"

but ill probably watch cause im a fan boy and can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas.

Kong vs Godzilla.
This.

Shaping up to be a fun year for the dumbass In me

What the Problem is?!? Its a movie based on a fighting game that had no story to begin with really. Im ready to watch some cool deaths and fight scenes from some characters I grew up with as a kid. Thats really all we need from this.

TBF they might not have the rights to the soundtrack from the first one. It was new line was it not?

Or know that there is a corner of the internet that absolutely loved the first movies soundtrack. But it seems like they should know what's up with the Fandom with the makers of this new one.
New Line is one of WB's labels. So that by itself isn't a problem, but they still might not have the rights. Most music licensing contracts are only for that specific project. So, depending on how the song was commissioned, they might need to re-license it if they want to use it again. This can be a major hurdle if the artists don't want to play ball or the studio is cheeping out. We also see it come up with videogame remasters where games such as the Tony Hawk remasters missing chunks of its original soundtrack.

If I was teenager I’d be stoked for this. It looks pretty cringe tho tbh

I guess it’s setup for the first two games? Has characters from both.

My theory is Cole goes into hollywood following this MK Tournament and takes the stage name of Johnny Cage.
Isn't Johnny Cage's ending in first or second game that he goes to Hollywood and makes a Mortal Kombat film after the events of the tournament?

Not really feeling some of the casting and costume design. Excited to see how it will compare to the original, though.

Something about the casting isn't hitting it with me. I think the effects look great and I want to see it based off that so far. If we could get the effects of this movie and the cheesy actors/acting of the older movies, that would be the sweet spot for me xD

Back