Mortal Kombat 10 or Mortal Kombat 11, which is better?

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Goonerview, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Goonerview Gold Belt

I like both games and have played through both, but have found Mortal Kombat 10 more enjoyable to play.

The graphics of 11 are better, but in terms of gameplay and storyline, I gotta say 10.

Mortal Kombat 10 seemed more grounded in reality, I feel like the characters in MK11 are all “buffed” and are god-like.

I found the brutalities in MK10 to be better, too. In MK 11, the screen goes dark with the brutalities, it kinda takes the “spontaneity” out of it. For me, anyway.

I know there are a lot of MK players on here, which do you, personally, find to be the better game?

I might keep playing MK 11, hopefully it clicks for me and I can enjoy it more. I know there is more DLC to come, so it should get better.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Mau Gold Belt

MK 10 is a top 5 fighting game of the decade for me, together with Killer Instinct (no.1), Tekken 7, UMVC 3 and KOF XIII.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  3. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

I definitely enjoyed X better. 11 is too slow, too basic in its gameplay to me. X had run button and way cooler combos. Both in the number of hits to the combo and the freedom you had in creating your own combo. My best characters were grandmaster subzero and Jason relentless/unstoppable. They were actually setups/set play you could create for those characters. Subzero Clone setups/Jason buff setups. In 11 the characters have like 10 strings each and very limited set play - it feels very limiting very little depth to the characters.

Also the okizeme play in X was much better. The mindgame was basically is the knockeddown player going to normal wake up/delayed wake up or armored wake up. In 11 they added/changed like 4 different wake up options even though the 5050 meaty options/combo opportunity is pretty garbage. Talking about wakeup roll and invincible metered wakeup in particular.

I still have 11 installed maybe I’ll try a bit of joker but the core gameplay is just off-putting to me. Right now I’m just playing and enjoying tekken 7

4. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Hard to say. People complained about "braindead" rushdown 50/50s in MKX so NRS took a different approach for MK11. They made it more neutral and footsie based but they're still complaints.

MK11 is certainly the most balanced MK, but that's not saying much. K.I., SFV (this season so far), UNIST, and once upon a time Tekken 7(it's trash now) are more balanced.

5. rob mafia Red Belt

11 looked terrible.

10 was good.

i liked 9 the most, though. well, the most for any mk game after mk3, at least.

6. TrueBias Silver Belt

Is the Mortal Kombat Kollection part 9 or 11? I have mkx.

7. Jackie Daytona Come to my bar! We’re having a talent show.

Depends on what kind of mechanics you like. MKX was rush down in your face. Footsie game wasn’t required except at top level. The game was much more 50/50 based. I liked it more cause of the resets and forcing people to guess.

MK11 was more about opening people up via spacing and footsies. It’s a much slower game and the combos felt restricted to a certain point. Was not a fan of the new meter system. But I will say it’s a more technical game to a degree.

Valhoven likes this.
  8. TKing Brown Belt

X for roster/DLC and because the gameplay suited my trash effort more. Being honest on that last one, 11 opened up more ways I could get my ass kicked. But the roster/DLC for 11 outside of the core isn't anything I've been able to latch on to.

9. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

Leroy Smith the boss of tekken 7 smh - I was going to play that character until I saw how broken he is. Just about everyone in evo japan tournament used Leroy

10. molest Purple Belt

I started playing MK11 and people use down attacks a lot, like a lot you try a combo and you get interrupted with a down attack so you need to use a faster combo which means you are only gonna be using like 2 combos, i dont remember dealing with that in mkx, but in mkx people spammed a lot and it was very effective like with the blind dude and jaqui it was annoying as hell, here is a bit more fair, i feel you can beat anyone with everyone where in mkx if you picked ferra tor vs a spammer like kitana you were fucked.

11. Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

Overall imo 9>11>X

11 is the most balanced character viability wise. 9 had some stupid shit in it but it was more fun and some of its mechanics I prefer over 11. I was not a fan of playing X as I am not into constant offense which I felt like was necessary to be good at that game. It also at the time I was playing had too many 5050s and armored shit that made it frustrating to play (had dropped the game before they patched a lot of that stuff)

9 and X had the better rosters, although 11's roster isn't terrible. 11 has a lot of customization and single-player stuff so that is probably the best in terms of that stuff.

Valhoven likes this.
  12. Minnja Touch-Butt white belt Platinum Member

These things are part of why I liked 9 way more than 11 too. There just seemed to be more freedom/options with combo enders and oki. For example with Reptile in both 9 and X you can end the combo a certain way and either do more damage with slide, throw slow/fast forceball, throw EX slow/fast forceball, elbow dash right next to them or go invisible or in X setup his noxious shit or speed thing.

I would love a MK9 remaster where they fix bugs and clean it up a bit but not change much else about it.

13. Wingslaught Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

MK10 all the way. MK11 has a touch of the SJW mentality.

14. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

The commentators were comparing it to MKX Tanya, lol.

For anyone who doesn't have it, the Kombat Pack is $15.99 until Feb. 5th.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA11395_00-MK1100KOMBATPACK

15. MMAfanboy4life Green Belt

I love MK11, it has incredible replayability. Also, the ability to alter your favorite characters is amazing, there’s a ton of customization in this game. I also enjoy the story more here.

One thing I like about X were the longer combos. I don’t like the shorter versions in 11.

16. Goonerview Gold Belt

Which parts of MK11 were woke?

I didn’t pick up on anything.

17. Plissken Gold Belt

18. Plissken Gold Belt

The main thing I can think of is Jax' Wakanda-esque ending.

19. Goonerview Gold Belt

I haven't finished the game with Jax yet. I will check it out in time.

I thought you were going to mention something along the lines of the female characters being more covered up and less raunchy than previous versions.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  20. Plissken Gold Belt

I wouldn't really consider more conservative clothing/attire woke, but I think the "wokeness" of the game is overblown. There are some bits here and there that may add up, and comparing it to X it comes across more aware of this social media era, but it's not like it's a living representation of Polygon or Kotaku.