Morning/Night Calisthenics

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by lpaulgib, Jan 21, 2015.

1. lpaulgib

lpaulgib Blue Belt

Just wanted to see what all you guys do when you wake up and before you go to sleep? I'm looking for some good ideas to help get my body ready for the day and recover before bed.

This would include stretches and bodyweight exercises. I'm not looking for full workouts.

2. gspieler

gspieler Silver Belt

~15min of static stretching before bed wouldn't be a bad idea, assuming you haven't been sedentary all night. As far as mornings, I'd stick to steady-state cardio, although some actually like to train(lift) on an empty stomach.

3. ThinkGreen

ThinkGreen Der √úbermensch

Extra forearm work

4. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

What are your goals? Are there things that you can do first thing in the morning, or last thing at night to further these goals? If the answer is yes, then do them. Otherwise, don't add in activity at these times just 'cause.

Although an evening walk is nice. Since I have a dog, I always go for one.

5. BrockLesnarSon

BrockLesnarSon White Belt

I have a 5 rep routine and a 3 yoga movement every morning. And i read before crashing in bed

6. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I run almost every morning, usually just a short 4 miler at a fairly easy pace, takes about 30 minutes. I never stretch, I just come in and take a shower and go to work.

I dont really have a before bed exercise routine.

7. SexyMahnaz

SexyMahnaz Green Belt

Check out DeFranco's Limber 11, & Steve Maxwell's Encyclopedia of Joint Mobility. You can take whatever movements are useful to you from there and build your own morning routine. I do a sequence of mobility movements each morning that takes 30 - 45 mins.

8. RafailNadull

RafailNadull Brown Belt

Good advice. Be sure to work both forearms equally so as to avoid muscular imbalances.