More Union Talk: Big Players Getting Involved

QbDIjKO.gif

"You're why cavemen drew on walls"

ROFL

Ladies and Gentlemen: The TRUTH! (without a single real world detail or fact)

That’s your reply?

Of course, you know that there’s not a single word I wrote that’s not correct. Smart ass “Can you believe this guy?” remarks are probably your best option. Union guys love to talk until someone asks them questions, like what the fuck happened to those promises made years ago regarding pension funds.

You're really hitting this shill note hard bud. The more unionized a country is, the less income inequality they have and higher standard of living overall. Without unions you'd still be looking at child labor and 80-hour workweeks.

If you need to cry 'shill' every time someone points out that huge corporations tend to fuck the little guy over if left to their own devices it's time for a reality check.
I like how you ignore the unions fucking over all the workers they're "protecting".

i'm sure they are doing all this for the fighters benefit. nothing to do with their own pockets

I like how you ignore the unions fucking over all the workers they're "protecting".

Yeah, it's the unions that gave us a mininum wage and a forty hour work week fucking over the workers and not the billionare CEOs eager to keep the vast majority of human beings on starvation wages to pad that profit margin.

I'm excited for this. I hope the PFA succeeds in increasing the wages of these professional athletes.

I'm still amazed to hear knee-jerk anti-union reactions. It's as though collective bargaining for better wages and benefits is a bad thing. Corporations are otherwise unrelated shareholders that are collectively advocating on behalf of management, it's only fair that workers should have the same. Without unions and activists for the working-class, we wouldn't have the scant work place regulations that we have today: 40 hour work week, minimum wage, overtime, OSHA.

But these thoughts are likely too complex for the crowd that just says "Unions are bad" and then continues to huff Trump's butt toots.

You are very naive.

That you’re a shill. That like most shills, you use half truths and a few outright lies to convince people ignorant of the subject. That unions at one time served a purpose, but are now resorting to those lies and half truths to keep lining their pockets. That in most cases (not all), the only ones benefiting from the unions are those working for the unions. How’d those pension plans work out? Union brass made millions and now the guys that busted their asses for decades are getting fucked. Sound familiar?

Pensions worked out great for those who have them. Ask anyone that works for the rail road for instance. It wasn't the union brass that stripped pensions away from unions in several other industries. It was the companies of those industries. Do you think a union rep or member no longer wants a retirement pension? Or they want union jobs to look less desireable as benefits get stripped away? Especially with laws like right to work act. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about

Yeah, it's the unions that gave us a mininum wage and a forty hour work week fucking over the workers and not the billionare CEOs eager to keep the vast majority of human beings on starvation wages to pad that profit margin.
Still ignoring it I see. Good shill.

Pensions worked out great for those who have them. Ask anyone that works for the rail road for instance. It wasn't the union brass that stripped pensions away from unions in several other industries. It was the companies of those industries. Do you think a union rep or member no longer wants a retirement pension? Or they want union jobs to look less desireable as benefits get stripped away? Especially with laws like right to work act. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about
I appears you're the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about.

vfxunion.com is your source for understanding labor law? Ok....

Overtime has to be paid at time and half, and it cannot be less, but can be more. And it HAS to be paid for work more than 40 hours in a week (federally, some states require OT for more than 8 hours in a day), unless the worker is salary (workers classified as "management" are not subject to the same rules as employers.

I'm not even gonna flame you but I will plainly say your ignorant because you don't have the facts at your disposal (nor do you apparently have the willingness to find them).

Not interested, Im pretending this isn't happening.

Nope.

As a fan, I want to see fighter pay increase dramatically to attract better athletes to MMA and to allow them to train full time.

This will directly positively affect me as a fan.

Go Union!

so you think that they'll just increase fighter pay dramatically and the only impact will be business goes on as usual and we'll just have better athletes??? are people this delusional?

so you think that they'll just increase fighter pay dramatically and the only impact will be business goes on as usual and we'll just have better athletes??? are people this delusional?
Let's all bow Down to Dana and our benevolent UFC overlords. I'm sure this 4 billion dollar private company is cultivating its talent the best possible way.

Oh wait, it's not. It's unattractive to top athletes because of the low pay and we are getting sub par fights from fighters working at WalMart to make ends meet rather than being able to fight full time.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I WANT THE BEST FIGHTS.

A FIGHTER UNION IS THE BEST CHANCE OF THAT.

Back