More troops headed to Afghanistan after 17 years

I'm not sure what you're asking me. I'm just providing the moral justification for continued involvement in the country. Also, more realistically, in terms of geopolitics, it just isn't a bright spot for the United States' reputation that the country fared better under Soviet control than after US liberation.

I just think that the moral justification is stretching credulity somewhat, all things considered.

I just think that the moral justification is stretching credulity somewhat, all things considered.

I would agree with you. And, as I stated in my last post, it's not a realistic motivation for continued presence, but it is one that I would find less fucked up than mere saving face or playing hall monitor.

Oversimplification is popular these days

Can't take the irony.

I would agree with you. And, as I stated in my last post, it's not a realistic motivation for continued presence, but it is one that I would find less fucked up than mere saving face or playing hall monitor.

Fair enough.

Good lord.

Don't bother responding again. I can tell the quality I'll be getting.
:oops:
Oh, well, just because you're completely right, and I'm wrong, you're acting like I'm the one that had it fucky, and as though I'm the embarrassed jackass-looking goofball.
Is that what you're really saying?

So you agree that we provided massive financial and logistical support to empower and organize the beginnings of the Taliban and provided them inroads toward their later assumption of power.

No.

Thank you. Semantics aside, I appreciate that you provide such sterling support for my post.

The only one playing semantics and trying to twist arguments to fit needs to cover their lack of knowledge, is again, you.

Except I wasn't preaching it. As we've already stated, I was in fact advocating for the opposite of that position: continued involvement. Jesus, you're a fucking moron.

LOL, you're getting tied up in knots, and I'm a moron. It's amazing how you can't defend your positions past 2 posts and have to fling insults immediately. That's not something an intellectual would have to do, is it?

LOL @ you literally ever crushing anyone's argument on this forum. You're consistently one of the most incoherent, uninformed, and wildly immature posters on this forum. And, worst of all, your only function on the forum is to bait your betters into exchanges like this where you rattle off long and contradictory posts until, eventually, the other person stops replying and you feel like you've won for having outlasted them with your stupidity.

This temper tantrum was just the cherry on top.

But trumpets in here told us he was winning bigly!

Dude, how narrow is your world? This thing has been going on for years, and you're talking about a President who hasn't even been in office 2 years yet?

Funny thing, there was almost no heroin coming out of Afgahnistan when the Taliban was in charge.

Funny thing is, that's not even remotely true. Afghanistan has always been the world's leading producer of Opium. The Taliban was in charge of the country from 94-01. They only attempted to outlaw poppy production in mid-2000.

This is the worst post I've ever seen. Osama Bin Laden is now an "Afghani Citizen". This is rich.

He's not a citizen of anywhere now (dead) or then (stateless)

He was a multimillionaire who lived in Afghanistan and owned the largest Airline in the country who was good friends with the leader of the whole country. Citizens are plebs like you and I.

It was a simplification to demonstrate why demanding the guy be deported with zero evidence presented was unlikely that if anything understated the ridiculousness of the request.

Funny thing is, that's not even remotely true. Afghanistan has always been the world's leading producer of Opium. The Taliban was in charge of the country from 94-01. They only attempted to outlaw poppy production in mid-2000.

This is the worst post I have ever seen. It's like the Golden Triangle never existed.

Even my country produces more opium than Afghanistan.

Ah.... 2011, when you called that exact same play and withdrew from Iraq with no stable government in place.... Where were you?

Status of Forces Agreements, how the fuck do they work?

<{vega}>

Case in point.

Exactly. You have no earthly idea what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.–Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

The U.S.&#8211;Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. combat forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.[1] The pact required criminal charges for holding prisoners over 24 hours, and required a warrant for searches of homes and buildings that were not related to combat.[1] U.S. contractors working for U.S. forces would have been subject to Iraqi criminal law, while contractors working for the State Department and other U.S. agencies would retain their immunity. If U.S. forces committed still undecided "major premeditated felonies" while off-duty and off-base, they would have been subjected to an undecided procedures laid out by a joint U.S.-Iraq committee if the U.S. certified the forces were off-duty.[2][3][1][4]

The agreement expired at midnight on December 31, 2011, even though the United States completed its final withdrawal of troops from Iraq on December 16, 2011. The symbolic ceremony in Baghdad officially "cased" (retired) the flag of U.S. forces in Iraq, according to army tradition.[5]

{<jordan}

Last edited:
This is the worst post I have ever seen. It's like the Golden Triangle never existed.

Even my country produces more opium than Afghanistan.

So.... you're ignorant and can't create honest arguments? The Golden Triangle is 3 countries. Afghanistan is one. 3 is more than 1. Glad I clear that up for you.

Also, glad to see we have what would appear to be a conspirtard of some sort making ridiculous factless arguments.

https://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/WDR_2010/1.2_The_global_heroin_market.pdf

I mean, unless you've got some info that contradicts the U.N.

Exactly. You have no earthly idea what you're talking about.

I absolutely know what I'm talking about. That agreement could easily have been extended, had it been politically convenient for Obama to do so. It wasn't. You're simply calling plays from the leftist playbook, which as always is devoid of any real facts.

He's not a citizen of anywhere now (dead) or then (stateless)

He was a multimillionaire who lived in Afghanistan and owned the largest Airline in the country who was good friends with the leader of the whole country. Citizens are plebs like you and I.

It was a simplification to demonstrate why demanding the guy be deported with zero evidence presented was unlikely that if anything understated the ridiculousness of the request.

I know who Bin Laden was. I know where he was from. I take this post as an abandonment of that awful argument you just attempted to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back