More talented athlete: Usain Bolt or Jon Jones?

Bolt is the better athlete but Jones is more talented

Two black guys with the same height and weight that have been dominating theirs respective sports these last years and setting records...

Who would u guys pick as the biggest talent?

If Jones was truly talented he'd be running, basketballing, batting or NFLing like his brothers.

I'm the world champion twiddly wings. Doesn't mean I'm comparable to Bolt.

The fastest man in the world, or a steroid using crackhead....hmm...toss up

please :rolleyes:. The jamaican track and field federation is notorious for organised doping. At one point the track and field team leader was also the anti doping represantative <cheer>

Jones is a newbie in that area with at the most several involved professionals. Bolt and every other jamaican athlete have a whole organisation to fund and perfect their doping methods. Bolt is doped to the gills since the beginning.

Bones.

I've never seen someone with such mastery over combat.

Being that good at fighting is something worthy of legend. He will be remembered for a very long time.

Jones is the best fighter under HW to ever live. Bolt is the best sprinter ever from 100-200. They're both insane.

The guy is incredible. USADA or not.

well one guy runs super fast while the other guy is an amazing fighter so i really don't see how you can compare unless of course we're doing the sherdog a level athlete test and seeing who can dunk better

Top 10 sprinters earn less than top 10 MMA fighters. Therefore Jones competes against C-level athletes while Bolt competes against D-level athletes. Sherdog math dictates that Jones is more talented and a superior athlete and only needs a couple years of training to beat Bolt.

Looks like some A-Level income to me bro :

6xpvtl.png

Depends on what you mean by talent. Innate physical ability? Bolt is one of the most athletically gifted humans ever, much moreso than even JBJ who is one of the most gifted MMA fighters ever. This is, however, specific to their sport. Bolt's body isn't as suited to fighting as JBJ's is, but it's the absolute ideal for sprinting, just as JBJ's is for fighting.

In terms of skill, obviously JBJ is in a completely different realm from Bolt. Sprinting takes next to no skill. Yes, there's certainly technique involved, but anyone can learn to be a sprinter with enough training, their only real limitation will be what their body can provide. Fighting is a totally different animal, there are so many factors both tangible and intangible that comparing them is just impossible. One is a skill sport (MMA), the other is a pure work sport (sprinting).

The last factor is, I guess, work ethic. Given that racing events are pretty much 100% based on how much work you put in combined with the body you're born with, it's easy to assume that Bolt has a better work ethic than JBJ. That combined with the fact that we know JBJ has been subject to bouts of laziness and atrophy means that Bolt almost certainly has a better work ethic. However, that isn't really talent as it's popularly defined.

Overall, JBJ is more "talented" in terms of the intangibles that make a fighter what they are. Bolt is a product of having the absolute perfect body for the sport he's in combined with the work ethic to maximize what he was born with. A lot of it comes down to how you define "talent" in regard to sports.

Also, they both use PEDs. You're kidding yourself if you don't think every Olympic athlete (in a sport where they provide a substantial benefit) aren't, they just have incredibly sophisticated and thorough programs that ensure that they'll never get caught. These athletes have the resources of entire countries behind them, beating WADA tests is trivial for them.
you don't know shit,Bolt has said many times his work ethic could be much better,he's a terrible trainer.

Bolt has the perfect body for the sport ? many will read this and think you know what you're talking about,luckily for me,i heard a real track legend talk about how his size isn't perfect for sprinting.

one is a skilled sport,the other is a pure work sport ?....do you think you turn up with a pair of running shoes,and away you go ?....how long does it take to learn to poke someone in the eye ?

how anyone can think Jones is the more talented,in a time where Bolt's rivals are running the fastest time anyone has ever run,outwith himself,is just dumb.

Top 10 sprinters earn less than top 10 MMA fighters. Therefore Jones competes against C-level athletes while Bolt competes against D-level athletes. Sherdog math dictates that Jones is more talented and a superior athlete and only needs a couple years of training to beat Bolt.

Tyson Gay has a higher net worth than Jones.

Bolt knows how to combine partying and his sport without royally fucking everything up.

Dumb question. The whole world knows bolt, he s the best in the most well know athletic discipline.
Underfed bolt in childhood becomes a better athlete than jones with juice.

Tyson Gay has a higher net worth than Jones.
Looks like some A-Level income to me bro

Shit! i didn't realise how much the top 5 sprinters earned! I guess Jones will have to settle for gold in long distance running, pole vaulting, high/long jump, javelin, hammer, gymnastics, equestrian, where the F-level athletes are.

Shit! i didn't realise how much the top 5 sprinters earned! I guess Jones will have to settle for gold in long distance running, pole vaulting, high/long jump, javelin, hammer, gymnastics, equestrian, where the F-level athletes are.

A lot of people in these threads are funny. You're not one of them.

Bolt is the best sprinting talent the world has ever seen, the guy is build like a fast twitch velociraptor.
Too bad being good at sprinting means nothing in sport were you don't sprint, mma is a totally different ball game.

These threads about who is the better athlete between different sports athletes need to stop, they are getting annoying.

Lol. Jones is not some striking phenom, his technique has never been that great.
Wtf ? Who else have you seen throwing all types of flying knees and kicks and spinning elbows in the LHW division? Jones was doing shit like that in the octagon against top level guys from day one.

Bolt is the better athlete but Jones is more talented
no, Bolt is the better athlete with more talent. Jones is more SKILLED at his sport of karate and kickfighting. And thats due to training and technique. Athleticism is more of a measure of innate genetic talent and potential, so sports with the least amount of variables are better yardsticks for comparison.

Everyone in the world can sprint 100 meters. Only the elite can do it under 10 seconds. And out of those, only one man in the history of humanity has done it at 9.58 seconds- a record which will likely stand for the rest of our lives.

He is a once in a lifetime athlete- a genetic freak outlier who defies comparison to his peers. To even compare his athleticism to Jones is an insult to common sense, reason, and ultimately yourself for even thinking it.

Shame on you, TS.

Back