More surprising - A Cody decision, or a Cruz finish?

Yes it's serious, why wouldn't it be?
And I agree, a decision over Cruz is a tall order. One thing I didn't mention in my previous reply is that Cruz really is a point fighter at heart, in the best way possible. A lot of his tactics are built and designed to make it look like he's winning by a wider margin than he actually is, I think a lot of his tactics are built around the scoring criteria - and for good reason. It works for him.

Yes that what you said is why Cody decision would be insane, it would be Cody completely outclassing that for at least 3 of the 5 rds

Yes that what you said is why Cody decision would be insane, it would be Cody completely outclassing that for at least 3 of the 5 rds
No, you don't have to "outclass" to win a decision
You can win a round off the strength of a moment or two when it's close. A flurry, a solid takedown, a submission attempt etc can sway a close round 10-9
Given his power, speed and accuracy it's not unfeasible that with the right adjustments he could do that 3 out of five times. Again, like I said, Cruz by finish is more likely to me but I'd not be shocked to see Cody clip Dom early and ride Dom being hurt in 3/5 close rounds.

No, you don't have to "outclass" to win a decision
You can win a round off the strength of a moment or two when it's close. A flurry, a solid takedown, a submission attempt etc can sway a close round 10-9
Given his power, speed and accuracy it's not unfeasible that with the right adjustments he could do that 3 out of five times. Again, like I said, Cruz by finish is more likely to me but I'd not be shocked to see Cody clip Dom early and ride Dom being hurt in 3/5 close rounds.
Outclass is a strong word, maybe outdo.. Since Cruz is out to "school this boy"

& Cody really wants to knock him out after he's been riled up so easily

Im actually expecting a Cruz finish late on a gassed, frusterated Cody

Cody decision is least likely. Cruz is a great point fighter and Cody is the KO artist. I think Cody makes history and gets the KO in R2 or R3 if he is smart and chops the lead leg to dictate the fight. If he simply goes head hunting with his fists every round he will find air more often than skull. Cruz is very smart, quick and elusive. He is the least hit fighter in the UFC. I remember Machida being a hard riddle to solve at his peak and Shogun worked a successful strategy predicated upon lead leg attack. He beat him both times although the judges got it wrong the first time and awarded a controversial decision to Machida. Shogun went for the KO next time and got it in R1 so the judges couldn't keep him from getting the 205 belt.

Cody decision is least likely. Cruz is a great point fighter and Cody is the KO artist. I think Cody makes history and gets the KO in R2 or R3 if he is smart and chops the lead leg to dictate the fight. If he simply goes head hunting with his fists every round he will find air more often than skull. Cruz is very smart, quick and elusive. He is the least hit fighter in the UFC. I remember Machida being a hard riddle to solve at his peak and Shogun worked a successful strategy predicated upon lead leg attack. He beat him both times although the judges got it wrong the first time and awarded a controversial decision to Machida. Shogun went for the KO next time and got it in R1 so the judges couldn't keep him from getting the 205 belt.
The leg kick strategy, I personally think, might be a flawed one. I think the reason Cruz holds his hands down so low is to defend against lowkicks and to immediately get underhooks when a guy changes levels on him.

Maybe calf-kicks though, if I was making a gameplan to beat Cruz I'd be drilling those Lorenz Larkin/Bendo super low leg kicks that you can't really catch

The leg kick strategy, I personally think, might be a flawed one. I think the reason Cruz holds his hands down so low is to defend against lowkicks and to immediately get underhooks when a guy changes levels on him.

Maybe calf-kicks though, if I was making a gameplan to beat Cruz I'd be drilling those Lorenz Larkin/Bendo super low leg kicks that you can't really catch
I would absolutely work the leg above the knee given Cruz having prior knee surgery. I agree that working the calves is a good idea since its harder to grab the leg to set up a TD or trip.

Id like to eat my crow now plz. Great fight n props to cody

Back